High uterine NK cell density

phonixgirl

Reaction score
Hi ladies

After my visit to the implantation clinic, it has now become apparent that I have high uterine natural killer cell density. They say the upper normal limit is 5% and mine is 11% (I believe this is for the tests they did specifically as I've read other numbers are ok).

Obviously it is very high and I'd just like to get some experiences of high NK cells please. I don't think there is any natural remedy (Blueflower agreed) although some have suggested omega fish oils and nettle leaf capsules. I also read maca (which I'm already taking anyway) and dong quai but not sure anything would help except steroids.

Also how long would they take to work? Could they reduce them for that cycle or take time to lower?

Thanks

Katie

Hi Katie

I don't have a personal experience of it but remember that there was a user on here, Star33, who had two late (12 & 14 weeks) miscarriages before they diagnosed her with NK. Once she started taking medicine for it, I believe she went on to have a baby successfully.

I found a post saying that she was to take prednisilone steriods 5 tablets a day when next pregnant

So sorry to hear that you've had this diagnosis xx

Thanks Tinselcat. I'm actually quite glad they've found something. Xx

Hi Phonix, that is great that they may have found an answer for you, although not so great about the reason (gosh isn't ttc a nightmare of emotions). Let us know how you get on :)

Hi ladies

After my visit to the implantation clinic, it has now become apparent that I have high uterine natural killer cell density. They say the upper normal limit is 5% and mine is 11% (I believe this is for the tests they did specifically as I've read other numbers are ok).

Obviously it is very high and I'd just like to get some experiences of high NK cells please. I don't think there is any natural remedy (Blueflower agreed) although some have suggested omega fish oils and nettle leaf capsules. I also read maca (which I'm already taking anyway) and dong quai but not sure anything would help except steroids.

Also how long would they take to work? Could they reduce them for that cycle or take time to lower?

Thanks

Katie

I have no personal experience but do believe there are things they could try for this. Possible injections of some kind when pregnant? Not 100% sure sadly

Thanks Sugarpop. I had my telephone consultation and he said just to give me steroids. He wants to repeat the test though to check it's not a one-off. Xx

Thanks Sugarpop. I had my telephone consultation and he said just to give me steroids. He wants to repeat the test though to check it's not a one-off. Xx

I have heard of others who have this and have gotten pregnant so there is definitely hope!

I've just found I have high NK cells, 10.6%. They've put me on Prednisolone 20mg a day. Did the professor say how long it takes to kill the cells off? I've got my telephone consultation tomorrow.

No but they won't put me on prednisolone until after the transfer. I'm worried that will be too late. He said I need some NK cells to help implantation so they don't want to suppress them all. Mine are at 11%. Xx

Ah right. They started me on the Pred on the morning of embryo transfer. I'm worried it's too late too :(

Good luck Violet, keep us updated! We have to put our faith in them - they know what they're doing. Xx

Well the Prof was supposed to ring me tonight, but she hasn't :(. They had already cancelled yesterday's appt for today last week.

I needed to ring them. Are you sure you weren't meant to ring them hun? I only ask as I needed to double check that myself lol xx

You were right :cry::dohh: They don't have another appt until Tuesday next week either.

Oh no :-( well all they really told me was that they were going to put me on steroids. I asked if endometriosis could affect anything and he said naturally it would but not ivf. I asked if there was anything natural that I could try but no. He did say he wanted to repeat my test free of charge as nk cells go up and down but there'd no point in doing that for you as you're cycling already :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back