High risk :(

Jojo84

Reaction score
Been to doctors who confirmed by pregnancy. Turns out I may be high risk due to my weight :( but everything else is perfect apparently. Very nice boy doctor who was almost 12 I'm sure lol but he was very nice and gave me my appointment to go to a pre-booking appointment. My test due back on Monday but he said they'd go ahead as 3 strong positives are unlikely to be wrong.

I was high risk on my last pregnacy and this but to be honest did nt cause me any problems at all! Try not to worry and congrats by the way x

I am high risk because of my weight as well which didn't go down to well with me as I am a size 18 and because I have a varicois vein. Just means we gets to see the little one a bit more often x

im always high risk cos of my weight, BMI of 39 last time and 42 this time. last tiem i was midwife led and had a natural birth with minimal drugs or intervention and this time all is fine and dandy too. bp, iron, blood sugar etc all are always spot on with me im just big, at almost 6ft i carry it ok too. last baby was big at birth too but thats due to my bodysize and shape in general rather than weight

I'm expecting to be told this. I'm almost 6ft too Bev! I'm broad and tall but I am overweight also, I go between sizes 16, 18 and 20 all the time. But we'll see.

Don't worry hun, all will be okay just keep positive and keep happy :) x

Country girl I know what you mean. I am 5 ft 10 and go between a size 16 and 20 myself depends where I buy my clothes. They are keeping an eye on me. Just means I get to see the little one more x

Does it mean you get a earlier scan if you're high risk?

Yeah that's a really good way to look at it, keeps you positive. I haven't even had my first doctors appointment yet so have no idea what's going on in there, but hopefully its all okay. When did you have your first scan mrssmith2011? x

Scrap that - I just realised it was you I've been talking to in the stressed out thread when you said about having it just before you start your job. Sorry! (been a busy day!) x

Last edited:
Please don't apologise. I had an early scan on the 18th June due to bleeding and worry that I was possibly miscarrying. Got scan on 5th July. xxxx

Thanks for letting me know! I'll be thinking about you next week. My doctors appointment is on 4th July too so I'll let you know how I get on xx

I'm high risk to and although it sounds scary it's actually good. You see a lot more of the doc and midwife so feel reassured more. I've just had my third scan too. It's nice to know they are keeping a good eye on you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back