High risk? Previous pregnancy with pre eclampsia

HopeJoy29

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering of anyone is high risk with a history of pre eclampisa in previous pregnancy? Im only 15 weeks so and my BP is already creeping up.

Hi hun, I ended up with severe pre eclampsia with my first and he was born at 33 Weeks because of it, second time round I had absolutely no problem with it. Hopefully you'll be fine this time round hun xx

Hi hun, I ended up with severe pre eclampsia with my first and he was born at 33 Weeks because of it, second time round I had absolutely no problem with it. Hopefully you'll be fine this time round hun xx

Thank-you x
I hope im the same.... Hopefully now this time they will keep a better eye on me x

I had pre-eclampsia with my first pregnancy and my baby delivered early at 36 weeks. My bp was actually at its worst after delivery. During my second pregnancy I was considered high risk and had a consultant appointment at 16 weeks, then growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks, as well as weekly bp checks with my mw from 30 weeks onwards. I never developed pre-eclampsia, but was unlucky enough to get gestational diabetes instead! After delivery though, my bp did rise again like it had in my first pregnancy and I was hospitalised, but because they were quick starting the medication I was fine.

I think the main thing is, they will be keeping a close eye on you this time round. I also got myself a home bp machine to keep an eye on things. Hopefully you'll be ok this time round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back