High pitched scream

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by hopefulmummy, Feb 12, 2012.

1. hopefulmummy

hopefulmummy Well-Known Member

Arthur is a happy, smiley, content baby. He's really laid back and hardly ever whinges (except at night if I'm doing sleep training!!!)

But, he has this thing where he screams really loudly - sometimes it seems to be in excitement, sometimes to get your attention. It drives me
    Bonkers and it's embarrassing sometimes in public. He's 7 months old, so I know they experiment with different noises, but I need to nip this in the bud NOW!! any suggestions?

2. Jayceesmumma

Jayceesmumma Well-Known Member

Just try and ignore it babe giving him attention for it will spur it on.. They all go thru that phase it's terrible!!

3. Cantstop

Cantstop Well-Known Member

Yeah I think you just have to ride it out, he'll move on to another noise when he's ready but in the meantime there's not much you can do :lol:

4. AugustMum

AugustMum Well-Known Member

I agree with the others. When he does it just carry in as normal and see if it dies down. Like you say he's probably just experimenting but imagine if he got attention for it and continued doing it to get you to him! It'd drive anyone crazy lol.

5. hopefulmummy

hopefulmummy Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I can just about cope ok at home when it's not the end of the day and exhausted, it's when he does it in public which just makes me cringe. It's so embarrassing I'm worried everyone else is thinking he's being a brat! :(

6. Jayceesmumma

Jayceesmumma Well-Known Member

If they've got kids of their own they'll know how u feel!