High fluid levels ???

SesameSeed

Reaction score
Hi, I’m 31 weeks today and have been told by my consultant that I have Polyhydramnios which means excessive amniotic fluid.

The high fluid levels were picked up at a growth scan last week and I was rescanned today.

I’ve had GTT test and results are normal so gestational diabetes has been ruled out.

I’m having fortnightly growth scans at baby is measuring small .... on the 10th centile.

I wondered if anyone has experience with Polyhyramnois? Most of the things I’ve read are from ladies with GD and big baby.

Thank you x

Someone in my mums group had this. Her baby ended up being pretty big but she didn't have gestational diabetes. As far as I know, she didn't need to do anything to manage it except have extra scans. She did have an enormous bump at the end though!

My friend had this, they just kept a close eye on her and she didn’t have any probs. I don’t know too much about it though.

Hi, I’m 31 weeks today and have been told by my consultant that I have Polyhydramnios which means excessive amniotic fluid.

The high fluid levels were picked up at a growth scan last week and I was rescanned today.

I’ve had GTT test and results are normal so gestational diabetes has been ruled out.

I’m having fortnightly growth scans at baby is measuring small .... on the 10th centile.

I wondered if anyone has experience with Polyhyramnois? Most of the things I’ve read are from ladies with GD and big baby.

Thank you x

Hi, I had excess fluid around baby. I’m a normal BMI, gestational diabetes test was normal and had additional scans. The excess fluid was detected because my bump was measuring ahead, so I was referred for a growth scan. I was told I was having a big baby.

He wasn’t a big baby in the end - 7lbs 11oz - and was born 9 days early. He’s plotting exactly on the 50th centile for both weight and height, so he’s a nicely average sized baby!

Take the growth measurements with a pinch of salt. There is a large error margin and there is rarely a reason for excess fluid. It’s often just one of these things that we can’t explain.

Plus, I was told that it’s often so difficult to tell if there really is excess fluid as it hinges on so many factors. You could have normal fluid levels but baby could keep weeing before the scans!

Thank you all for taking the time to comment.
Your messages and experiences have made me feel much more at ease.

really appreciate it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back