High bmi

Ehayes

Reaction score
I’ve just had my first appointment and I’m high risk again (2nd pregnancy) my bmi is 31 and I’m really struggling at the moment, I had started a really healthy diet before I fell pregnant and now all the weight I’ve lost I’ve gained back on, is anyone else Feeling like this, I’m 10 weeks and I can’t fit into any of my clothes now, ive just started slimming world as my midwife suggested it, I just can’t seem to get out of this horrible feeling about how I look xxx

Ah hun 31 isnt to high I am 35? And I am still only a 12/14 clothes so my mw wasnt too concerned

Try to embrace your pregnancy and lose weight after x

I wish I was still in that size, maybe it’s because I’ve just tried all my clothes on, I’ve got all irritated and frustrated that nothing fits, I need to stick my positive head back on, sorry to have a moan! Xxx

ah its hard to accept such a big change in your body, none of my jeans fit me now and as a result i feel HUGE but i know its just the bump :)

i certainly dont feel sexy right now ( my OH would beg to differ lol )

Get yourself some nice over bump maternity jeans you'd be suprised hpw flattering they are compared to squeezing yourself into some normal onces.

:hugs:

I’m going to have a search for some now, thanks Again for letting me have a moan xx

new look have some nice ones, and so do Peacocks!

Its amazing how some new clothes can make you feel, treat yourself to a nice top too! and maybe shoes for the hell of it :rofl:

Oh no I don't like seeing anyone down like that :(

But your BMI is 31....you know how much my BMI is? 37!!

I asked the midwife (first pregnancy, no idea what is happening with my body) and she said "oh no that is nothing to worry about since you are healthy all around"

I lost over 2 stones last year with Slimming World and finally felt confident and now BOOM! 10 weeks pregnant and I already ballooned up. I started to embrace it quiet quickly though because I promised myself I am not going stuff like this to bring me down, wouldn't do me and certainly wouldn't do good to the baby!

I went to YOURS to get some bigger trousers...not bad at all and they are not expensive either. They do have some nice stuff, so you might want to have a look in there!

ah Francy same as me, i joined SW in Jan and lost a stone and then.......pregnant.....gained it all back now nearly!

Oh well, SW will still be there when i have the baby. I do try and follow it but not religiously because i am so damned hungry all the time haha

2 HEX A/Bs just dont hit the spot!

ah Francy same as me, i joined SW in Jan and lost a stone and then.......pregnant.....gained it all back now nearly!

Oh well, SW will still be there when i have the baby. I do try and follow it but not religiously because i am so damned hungry all the time haha

2 HEX A/Bs just dont hit the spot!

Oh how much I get you!

It's a little complicated with me because we are also moving end of the month so I'm quiet stressed and SW requires alot of time for preparing which I do not have at the minute but I will sign up for the pregnancy SW in my new area where I will be living. Not going crazy SW but will still try my best.

And as soon as the baby is here....SW here I come again!!

I'm flying home to Italy tomorrow and my family doesn'T know...they will see me at the airport and be like "jesus...you doubled again" HAHAHA can't wait for the reactions!

ah thats so lovely have a fab time! I will have to do a post-pregnancy Sw thread on here when we are all ready to urge us on!

i have no time to prep right now nor the inclination as i am knackered mostly! Yesterday i had chicken nuggets chips and a banana milkshake from Mcdonalds - fuck it :rotfl:

ah thats so lovely have a fab time! I will have to do a post-pregnancy Sw thread on here when we are all ready to urge us on!

i have no time to prep right now nor the inclination as i am knackered mostly! Yesterday i had chicken nuggets chips and a banana milkshake from Mcdonalds - fuck it :rotfl:

This post could have come from me! HONESTLY! :dance:

Same here....I go out of the house at 7.30am and come back at 7.30pm. I just don't feel well enough to stand there and cook so yesterday I was in a hell of a pain and my BF prepped up something for me.

Once you got that thread open, let me know. I'll join in! :D

I will do

Until then ladies embrace the food! We will fix the damage afterwards :lol:

Hey,

I'm really surprised your midwife has classed you at real high risk at a BMI of 31. My BMI is 35, second child, having a 2 1/2 year old made me eat haha! MW referred me to a Consultant at beginning of pregnancy, I've had some growth scans and a Gestational Diabetes test at 24 weeks, but now been referred back to MW. Sadly it means I might not be able to birth on the nice birthing unit with pools etc and may have to go up to the ward, but she is going to contact my consultant and see if he is happy for me to go the the birthing unit as the limit is a BMI of 34, fingers crossed.

I second slimming world, did so well with that after first was born, why I didn't stick at it I don't know... back on it after this ones born! Xx

It’s not just my bmi, I had a terrible birth with my son, so all of those factors have been added onto it as well, thanks for all the supports from everyone, I was just having a complete down day, I’ve eaten really healthy today, after spending the last month eating everything in sight, and I feeling a bit better, if the nausea calms down I should be able to stick to a much healthier diet than what I’ve been doing xxx

It's so hard to eat healthy when you're nauseous. This is where I've gained the most weight because I've just been needing whatever takes my fancy at the time!

I've settled loads more in trimester two ( let's forget about my McDonald's blip OK)

Sorry to hear you had a bad birth experience first time around. I hope this is easier for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back