High bmi and water birth

I was allowed a waterbirth 5 yrs ago when expecting ds and had a high bmi then but things didn't progress and I had to be monitored so it didn't happen couldn't have this time due to section and the need to be monitored despite having a normal bmi now so I think it depends on each case

Mrsbee- this is my first so that's why I think il go to hospital plus I don't do pain lol. X

I'm open to the idea of home birth but hubby not so much, he's like "what if something goes wrong" and I do see his point. Yeah the pain part, at the minute we're in the blissful ignorance stage, we know it's meant to hurt, but how much? Well we don't know! Lol so I do think it would be good to have at least gas and air on the stand by haha xxxx

Mrsbee- this is my first so that's why I think il go to hospital plus I don't do pain lol. X

I'm open to the idea of home birth but hubby not so much, he's like "what if something goes wrong" and I do see his point. Yeah the pain part, at the minute we're in the blissful ignorance stage, we know it's meant to hurt, but how much? Well we don't know! Lol so I do think it would be good to have at least gas and air on the stand by haha xxxx

Yes I think so to. I think the same as your husband what if. I live 5 mins from the hospital if that but I think I would feel more comfortable if I was there. Xx

My husband is what if too. I've had 2 hospital Births. 1st was an emergency section and 2nd was a natural birth but I had a retained placenta which I needed theatre for. I am planning a home birth for my 3rd even with the outcomes of my previous births because I feel I will be much more relaxed at home this time and therefore have no problems. Stats show that less things go wrong with home Births than hospital ones and this is also why you get told to stay at home as long as possible while in labour. As generally you progress better in a home environment than a hospital one.

That being said I would have never considered a home birth for my 1st birth so fully understand the fears. My 2nd I wanted to go to a birth centre but wasn't allowed due to my previous section and it is the same this time so home birth it is :) xx

I love hearing about how many people want a home birth, I think that is a really nice idea! Once you have had the baby, do you still have to go into hospital or anything? I really am toying with the idea of a home birth but I won't be able to fit a birthing pool anywhere so it would be on dry land haha, in our area we have a brand new midwife lead birthing suite that is like a travel lodge, you get a massive birthing pool, a double bed and ensuite bathroom, and your partner can stay overnight with you if you had the baby in the evening and had to wait for the doctors in the morning. So I am torn between the two because I kind of have my heart set on a water birth as I didn't get to last time due to there only being one pool, now there is six! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back