High Blood Pressure

strongminded

Reaction score
Hi all

I am 15 weeks now and had tests done on Friday. My blood pressure was high 144/82. Its never usually this high and i asked the nurse to do it again after an hour or so but she refused. I was nervous about the blood test they were going to do and overall anxious about the appointment i guess that may have caused a rise in my bp. Anyone else experience high bp in the second trimester? They did a urine test and all was clear

It's not majorly high, the diastolic is ok. Make an appointment with your practice nurse for a BP check to put your mind at ease if you can't wait until your 16 week midwife appointment xx

Last edited:
Hi scn. The midwife has given me another appointment after 3 weeks for another bp check. I am thinking of buying a home bp machine and monitor it myself.

I bought a HB machine and found my own readings when I was quiet at home were always way lower than when I had it taken at appointments.Out of interest I took the machine out with me a few times in the car when I did shopping etc and found that it did get a bit high when I was out and about and more stressed and busy. I made a point of making sure I got plenty of quiet time and rest and that seemed to help.

Hi scn. The midwife has given me another appointment after 3 weeks for another bp check. I am thinking of buying a home bp machine and monitor it myself.

If you want to buy one and monitor it yourself make sure you get one that goes around your upper arm and not your wrist, the wrist ones are not accurate.
If I were you I would wait it out until you get it rechecked and try not to stress about it cos that will only increase it further lol

I bought a HB machine and found my own readings when I was quiet at home were always way lower than when I had it taken at appointments.Out of interest I took the machine out with me a few times in the car when I did shopping etc and found that it did get a bit high when I was out and about and more stressed and busy. I made a point of making sure I got plenty of quiet time and rest and that seemed to help.

Hi BunnyN. I think thats whats happening with me. Whenever my gp has checked my bp its always in the normal range. Which make bp machine did you buy?

You are right scn lol i keep on symptom spotting for high blood pressure and it's stressing me out more lol

At 8 weeks I had 146/85, and I was so nervous that day! since then i've had two more readings of 128/84 at 12+5 weeks and 125/70 at 16+5 weeks, so if you know you don't usually have high blood pressure I wouldn't worry about it.

Hi BunnyN. I think thats whats happening with me. Whenever my gp has checked my bp its always in the normal range. Which make bp machine did you buy?

We asked a friend who supplies medical supplies for doctors to recomend one and he said to get an OMRON, so thats what we got. I noticed its also the brand my doctor has. It was good but it broke during my second pregnancy, probably from being dropped several times by our toddler. I bought one from Lidle for about 1/4 of the price and honestly it seems just as good.

At 8 weeks I had 146/85, and I was so nervous that day! since then i've had two more readings of 128/84 at 12+5 weeks and 125/70 at 16+5 weeks, so if you know you don't usually have high blood pressure I wouldn't worry about it.

Hi Lulie. That's reassuring to know. I am sure it was just anxiety at the appointment that day that caused my bp to go high. But u know how it is. Once its on your record they keep on mentioning it lol. I have my next appointment on 6th may. Hoping for lower readings x x

Good luck, steongminded, I'm sure all is fine. When the doctor first did mine she said it was only a teeny bit high so she wasn't concerned. I'm sure yours will be just fine next time you go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back