Hiccups!

l_maclean

Reaction score
Madam has then for the first time - I though it was cute for about the first five mins, but now I'd like some sleep!

Anyway to get rid of them or do I just need to wait it out??

Xxx

Yeyy lol... I think u just have to wait it out hun xx

Ha ha i think its funny when he gets them lol x

It's like kicks but gentler and in rhythm. I had bump pressed against DH's back and I was surprised he could feel them. But it was the regularity that makes menthink it was hiccups - seem to gave stopped now though. Just DH's snoring to contend with. Lol

I cant really describe it... Its like a pulsing/ twithcing in your belly at first n if u watch your belly it jumps up and down lol... sorry not good at describing things lol x

Lol - I dunno if mine was twitching, cos I'm in bed in the dark with my phone. Lol. A pluse was a good way to described it though - but no where near fast enough to be hb if that makes sense.

I totally get what u mean lol... I think its fasinating lol xx

I'll have to look out for that, at the moment baby just has a general rave then sleeps.

I think maybe your OH's snoring is settling the baby in your belly lol good to know for when he/she's on the outside. Sleep with daddy!

I miss those hiccups :love:
Grace used to get them for several minutes when I was pregnant, now she still gets them for a good few minutes! :D xxx

thank god for this thread...junior has just started with them last night!!! then again this morning....how often is normal for them t have them?? n more t the point....i thought hiccups were air gettin caught under ur diaphram....so how does that work if jnrs mouths is shut n doesnt use its lungs till its born??
biology lesson pls....xxxxxx

My bubs had these the other day, ended up laughing at myself cos i instinctively started rubbing my stomach lol xx

thank god for this thread...junior has just started with them last night!!! then again this morning....how often is normal for them t have them?? n more t the point....i thought hiccups were air gettin caught under ur diaphram....so how does that work if jnrs mouths is shut n doesnt use its lungs till its born??
biology lesson pls....xxxxxx

Not sure how it works but our babies are now practicing swallowing with the amniotic fluid and also sucking motion with their thumb. There mouths are def not shut x x

Hiccups are funny! The first few times I thought it was my own pulse in my belly... Really strange... My little guzzler gets them quite a lot! She got them when I was on the baby monitor at the hospital and the midwife was also laughing! :)

Pip has been having them for weeks now! I'm like u lorna, cute at first but irritating after 10 mins!

Pip has been having them for weeks now! I'm like u lorna, cute at first but irritating after 10 mins!

Sounds like I get off lightly... They only last a couple of minutes max each time!
I remember one time my father in law had them for over a week non stop, went to the GP and everything. Obviously stopped him from sleeping - it can happen apparently. Just hope none of our LOs get them for that long!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back