Hi! :-) Returning from way back when

Jenks125

Reaction score
Hi Ladies
I thought I'd re-join and come back to say Hi to all.

I was on here 2 years ago back when I was waiting to ttc. I forgot my username and password although think I went under the username of KDH125 for anyone who may remember. I was on here for a few months but after a chemical I decided to leave as I felt I was on here too much and constantly putting pressure on.

So anyway I'm back after we started ttc in April 14.... And me and hubby are still trying. I've had 3 chemicals since and got referred to a fertility hospital for tests. I've had my bloods done, an internal ultrasound and a hsg, all came back fine apart from hsg which showed a little scarring near ovaries but they didn't seem worried as the dye went through ok (although OUCH!! That hurt), no blockages, all good. Hubbys swimmers are also fine. With my hospital they won't refer for IVF until after 3 years and they said any confirmed pregnancies (even if chemical) would re-set my 3 years!

Anyhow I've tried to calm down a bit on the ever obsessive ttc although we still dtd at the right times. Possibly thinking now about temping and B6, if anyone has any advice on those I would be extremely grateful.

I hope everyone is ok and keeping sane... The things we put ourselves through eh??!!

Xx

Hey

3 years is a long time and I can't believe a chemical pregnancy resets that clock. Do you have to tell them? As lots of people wouldn't know if they weren't really trying. I think that's awful! Postcode lottery again...

I've just started temping myself. Get a basal body thermometer to 2 decimal places (think mine was £6 on the internet) and take it every morning at the same time, before you get up or do anything. Also, if you take it vaginally or orally use the same method throughout.

I took Bailey complex as I think you need to take B12 as well as B6? Something like that... I have PCOS though and it made my symptoms worse (oops) so I stopped taking them. However, I have read lots of good things.

Good luck. Xx

Hi :)

They told me that if I ever got another positive to go get bloods done straight away, unfortunately last time I did I was on my way to Egypt so didn't have time to do it and sadly that ended a week later while I was away. They sort of told me off for not getting bloods done but there was nothing I could do. Since the lady said it would reset the 3 years I told dh that if that was the case then I wouldn't get the blood work because at the end of the day if a chemical is going to happen then there is nothing they can do anyway and I don't want the 3 years reset. I was initially give the option of 2 hospitals, I chose the one with better reviews but a friend is at the other and hers is only 2 years for ivf! Complete postcode lottery isn't it!

Thank you for the advice on temping and vitamins I think I'm definitely going to try them next cycle.

I've just looked at your little bio- we're the same age and yet you've been through so much already. I really really hope you get your bfp soon x

Hiya, welcome back. Resetting to 3 years is awful! I'm pretty lucky as I've had 2 mcs since being referred to the fertility clinic and we haven't been set back because of it at all (apart from it delaying s bit of testing and treatment as waiting for cycles etc). Do have have any treatment options before IVF?

Hey snowbee
Thank you. Erm I'm not really sure to be honest. I think they only referred me in the first place because of the chemicals, as soon as everything came back ok they kinda just called and said well that's that! I was like ....waaaaaat! She said I didn't meet Ivf criteria. So after a few emails back and forth after me panicking as I have no children she just explained it properly and said it was 3 years until I can be referred for ivf. There hasn't been any talking or anything about it, they only said if anything happened within a year then I'm still under the hospital otherwise anything after a year I have to go back to docs to get re-reffered. I felt a bit disheartened at the end as she wasn't very good with words but I am grateful they've run their tests X

Thankfully as I hadn't had the previous pregnancies confirmed by bloods before the chemicals I argued that they couldn't be taken into consideration so I guess on the plus side I'm able to to start the 3 years from 2014 xx

I agree that a chemical pregnancy would most likely happen anyway so I don't know why their criteria is like that. Some doctors don't even believe in them! I think it's ridiculous that they are taking this into consideration. I don't think they should count later miscarriages, but chemical pregnancies... really?!

What tests did they do? Are they willing to do any more or is it just straight to IVF? I had quite a few tests done before treatment.

It looks like I've been through a lot and I guess we have. I've wanted children ever since I can remember. As soon as I met DH, I knew he was the one (cheesy as it sounds) and that we wanted kids. We met 10 years ago and must've started NTNP when we got engaged in 2007. We started trying properly (tracking cycles etc) about 3/4 years ago and noticed my cycles were short (24 days) with 3 days of spotting beforehand. I didn't think anything of it until I didn't get pregnant then read it was a sign of low progesterone. I went to my GP about it, got told it was normal and to come back in 6 months for a referral. I then bled constantly for a month(!) so back to the GP I go and get told it's either another period or a withdrawal bleed(!). I was really upset and mentioned it being a symptom of cancer so he referred me to a gynaecologist to shut me up. She saw something on my cervix but when they did the colposcopy, it must have sorted itself out because it was gone. I was discharged still with the problem!

We eventually got referred to the fertility clinic who looked at things properly. They thought the cysts were not a problem to start with and we had the IUIs this time last year. However, in June they finally said I do have typical PCOS and gave me metformin. People had turned me down for metformin and the diagnosis so often because I'm not overweight or hairy! I was so happy that day but had already self-diagnosed it and started taking PCOS supplements anyway. xx

I know it's ridiculous! They've done internal ultra sound, hsg and bloods and a sperm count for Mr. All was ok. They didn't mention anything about more tests. Maybe I'll only get them when/if I get re-referred at the 3 year mark. Seriously hoping I don't make it to that though and it'll just happen this year.

Ahhh that's lovely about you and hubby I bet that time was pretty scary for you. With the metformin, should that now sort you out and things should now happen naturally? Or are you still down the ivf route? What are IUI's?

What tests did you have done before ivf? My friend who is at the other hospital that I could have chose has had the same tests as me and she can be referred for IVF straight away now as hers was just a 2 year wait so I don't think they do any more tests in our area Xx

Oh yeah, I had the same tests (just a hycosy instead of HSG which is very similar) but they did talk about a laporascopy too.

The metformin should really help things. I'm still having IVF (frozen cycles next) but the consultant said it could well happen naturally now. I guess we will see!

IUI is kind of like the natural method with a helping hand. They wash the sperm, select the best and inject it into your cervix. Reminds me of using a turkey baster! It doesn't have a very high success rate and is best for male issues.

I really hope it happens naturally for you. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back