Hi - need to talk....had a bad week :(

Hi people - it's so good to be back on here after so long....feel like I need to air whats been happening as I feel like I've been in prison for a week :(

I went up to the hospital day unit last Wednesday as I had a little bit of a bleed. I was examined and had a listen to babe and everything seemed okie. I wasn't in pain and the bleeding had stopped so they let me home.

But by Friday afternoon I was having a lot of cramps and pains and they were getting stronger and more painful. I rang the Day Unit and they told me to come in. I was hooked up to a monitor and they could see I was having contractions although they had started to ease off again. I thought I'd be allowed home but they kept me in overnight. I've never felt so alone and scared in my whole entire life as I was when my partner left me in the ward in a bed all by myself late at night. I sat and cried myself to sleep - I was petrified - sounds silly doesn't it......

The next day things seemed to have settled again and the midwives were talking about allowing me home the following day. But I started to have contractions again that night. The doctors decided it would be best if I had steriod injections given to me for the babies lungs to help mature them quicker just incase I started dilating. I was examined and told my cervix was 2cm long which was reassuring. The contractions thankfully stopped again.

I had the first of the the injections in the morning and the next day I had the 2nd. I was told I could go home after the 2nd injection but to come back in if I started getting any pain or discomfort again. I was relieved to be finally going home.

After only being home for 4 hours I started contracting again and an hour after that I was having strong painful tightenings every 5 minutes. I was taken back up to labour ward and my contractions were monitored. After an hour and a half they started to slow down again and become less painful. The doctor examined me again and found my cervix was now only 1cm long and was soft and lower.

I was petrified I was going into premature labour. I was in so much pain. After they settled again I was taken back to the ward and I knew I'd be in for a few days. My tightenings were monitored and so was baby at least 3 times a day. My tightenings continued on and off but not as painful nor as regular. I was on pain relief the whole time though to help me sleep and settle during the night and get me through they day comfortably. I was finally allowed home today and told to take the rest of my pregnancy very very easy and to go back if anything changes again.

Because my contractions are stop and start there isnt a lot I or the hospital can do except monitor me if the tightenings start again and see if it shortens my cervix anymore or starts to dilate. If I did start dilating I would have to be transferred to another hospital where they take very pre-term babies because Bedford hospital don't have the equipment to take babies less than 32weeks old.

So here I am back at home and I'm terrified that something is gonna happen again. Sorry guys, I just needed to let everything out. I feel like my body is fighting this pregnancy big time.......it's been nothing but problems from the start. I'm still happy to be having a baby don't get me wrong - I just never thought it woud be this hard just to get to full term smoothly. :cry:

Hi Sami,

((((((Sami))))). I'm so sorry that you've had such a hard time of it. God knows what kind of state I would have been in in your position. Thank goodness that they managed to stabalise everything though- are they going to keep a close eye on you from now on?

I guess all you can do is to try and keep your mind off it as much as possible and stay calm (so much easier said than sone though eh?) and take it even more careful than before. You're past the magical 25 week point though and every day will make it safer for babe if they arrive early so that's a big plus point.

Wish I could be of more help hun. Hang on in there and be extra nice to yourself

+++

There isn't a lot more they can do for me if I am here or in hospital at the moment. They say i could stay for the rest of my pregnancy just in case I start contracting again but to be honest it's just as easy to be at home where I am more comfotable and go back if anything changes or the contractions start again. Part of me would rather stay there as it's a place where they can help straight away, but I am glad to be home too so that I can try to relax more. I just thank goodness everyday that I've stayed pregnant one more day and that it's another day better for baby. I hope he doesn't come early - but I'm almost starting to prepare myself for it. As much as pregnancy is uncomfortable, etc, I want him to stay in till he is at least 35 weeks so he has the best chance of doing fine. He would be so poorly if he came now.

Thanks for your message hunnie xx

Hi Sami

I can't believe what a week you have had.

I also can't believe that I was moaning last night about a slight bit of back-ache! I feel such an idiot now!

I would have been beside myself in your position and I definitely would have cried if I had to spend a night in hospital with all that worry.

You really have had a whole catalogue of events haven't you? I was only thinking about you earlier today, and wondering what you were up to. I never imagined this!

I hope that you are OK and that these contractions go away completely until the right time.

Take it easy babe and don't do anything!

Hi Sami,

sorry to hear your having a bad time of it, must be terrible for you :(

hang in there tho, im sure things will be fine
xxx

Hey Sami

*HUG* I'm so sorry to hear about your last few days. Honey, I'd be in bits. You are past 25 weeks, though, and every week that you hang on makes it safer for baby. A baby born this early stands a 50% chance WORST CASE....and it improves at a fast rate, so you will be fine, I am sure. Just rest easy. No lifting or running around, no making tea for OH...go to bed and let him do it all.

You are in my prayers, Sami, as is your little bean and your OH.

Sue

Sami

(((((((sami)))))))))

So sorry to hear you are having such a bad week.

Hope that things improve for you this week hun and will give you a ring this week sometime xxxx

Ragna xxxx

Poor Sami - it's been one thing after the other for you and I so admire your bravery and your fight.
We're all here for you, thinking about you and willing you towards a healthy birth.
L xx

Thanks for your messages of support - it really does help keep me going.
I think it's one of them things you hear that happens to other people, and when it it's laying on your own doorstep it shocks you so much you don't know what to do really. I'm trying to be strong and brave but I'm also petrified and numb at the same time.
Look forward to chatting to you soon Ragna - hope your daughter is well too xx

Sami, I'm thinking about you, I hope all will be well with you and your little bean.
Please take care of yourself,
love Sarah xxx

Oh Sami - big hugs to you.

I know how scared I was when my daughter came 5 weeks early - I remember being numb and petrified. Please take it easy - don't do a thing - its a good excuse to get DH running around after you!

Will be thinking of you.

Sunshine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back