Hi, I need advice.

nicki

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have been reading the forum with great interest and everyone on it seems really nice. This is my first posting and i'm about to get graphic-sorry! but my dh and I have been ttc for about 3 months now, not long I know but I can't stop thinking there may be something wrong with me. I know that some sperm will exit (trying not to be crude here!) so have been lying on my back with a pillow under my rump for about 30mins in the hope that the little suckers will find there way up but as soon as I stand up out it all comes. How on earth does anyone get pregnant?! Has anyone got any tips? I'm desparate for a baby!!
Thanks.

Nicki. :D

Hi Nicki,

My DH and myself have only started trying this cycle, and I thought the very same!!! (hehe)

I have come to the conclusion that a lot of that... uh stuff... is fluid, and the strong ones will make their way upstream in good time by themselves. Don't you worry about that!!!

And yeah, you're right. 3 months is not long at all. Keep on having fun with the hubby, enjoy it now while you can I say.

Also, perhaps try to do your pelvic floor exercises just after E, maybe it'll help your muscles pull some of that fluid up?? (And it's a good thing to be doing now while there are no little bubba's sitting on your bladder!)

Casa

Hiya Casa,

Ta for the reply. I'm glad i'm not the only one! I'll start trying the pelvic excercises and see if it makes a difference. Good luck to you. :D

I think a lot of people worry about this, but I got the answer to this from the 'taking charge of your fertility' book mentioned in a thread above.

In the few days before you ovulate you produce creamy fertile fluid and the sperm think it is an olympic swimming pool! and swim straight out of the sperm and into the fluid which is also in the fallopian tubes. The sperm have no other way of travelling up inside you, which is why you are only really fertile for a few days in the month.

Then the egg pops out and with any luck there will be some sperm in your tubes waiting for the egg.

I actually was lucky enough to get pregnant on the first attempt and I put our luck totally down to that book which explains how a woman works really well.

hope this helps :D

hiya Sarah W Baby Belly

Thanks for your advice, i've just ordered the book so hopefully will answer some questions and i'll have some happy news to share soon.

Nicki.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back