Hi I have a question

GavinC85

Reaction score
My girlfriend believes she is currently 8 weeks pregnant, she weighed 9 stone 7 before she got pregnant and she weighed herself today and she is still the same weight, she has been feeling very nauseas lately but that's about it, should we be worried about her staying the same weight? She says she has been eating a lot more than normal too.

Last edited:
I don't think much weight will be put on a 8 weeks. I'm coming up to 7 and also haven't gained any weight :)

I wouldnt think it was anything to worry about at this stage. You dont really need to gain weight in the first trimester. Baby is still very tiny. I find the nausea makes me eat more often but smaller portions so I dont gain weight. I actually lost a stone in tri 1 with my 1st pregnancy because I had bad sickness i soon gained weight when it went away and the baby was fine. Has she seen a doctor or MW yet? You usually get your 1st appointment about 8 weeks.

I eat more too as it also helps the sickness, but i don't drink alcohol now and was a bit of a wino before! So many calories in wine :) so i guess it balances out!

baby is so small at this stage that its very possible she hasn't put ny on

You don't tend to gain so much in 1st trimester, I've lost a stone in 4 weeks baby's about the size of a raspberry now so doesn't weigh very much

Some people even lose weight in the beginning due to sickness

Nothing to worry about at all :) I saw the midwife this week, I'm 10+5 and haven't put on any weight at all. She wasn't concerned whatsoever :) She said everyone is different and will put on weight at different times in pregnancy. Mention it to the midwife if you're concerned and I'm sure she'll reassure you :) congratulations!

I wouldn't be worried! I didn't gain a pound until I was 10 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back