hi girlys, got a question re docs tonight update post 4

Carr87

Reaction score
Im back to see gp to discuss the second lot of blood results, I know i need to ask what my LH to FSH ratio was, does anyone know what normal range would be? Bear in mind i had the tests done on day 70odd after mirena removal having had no af, only the withdrawel bleed straight away and a bit of old blood in mucus before xmas.

Also I really want to get him to give me something like norethisterone to bring on my af so i can kick start my cycles and see where im at and if im ovulation etc, as i know it could take ages to regulate and to ovulate if im going to. Can anyone see any reason why they cant give me this before i have a scan? I just think its been over 3 months now and i dont want to increase my risk of unterin cancer and things like that, I lost my mam to ovarian cancer so it really worries me! xxxx

Last edited:
Hi I am 100% sure but after I had mine taken after 10 months with no af my FSH was about 5 and my LH around 12. This caused them to suspect PCOS. I thenhad a vaginal Ultrasound which confirmed it.

I think its not just the number but the ratio, they should be 1:1 if LH is higher than FSH than they suspect PCOS. But on a normal cycle you have an LH surge just befor you ovulate so its not an exact science.

When I got my bloods it was just a stepping stone to further examination.

GL, hope you get the all clear! Let us know xxx

Hiya, i'm sorry about you losing your mum. I'm already going to have my ovaries whipped out as soon as i've finished having babies after all the stims with IVF so maybe it is something you can consider too.

If you have more LH than FSH it is supposed to mean PCOS but it should be done on cd 3-5 so you definitely need it redoing at the right time to validate the results.

A scan would immediately reveal cysts though, so if you are having one then the blood tests might be a bit redundant :eh:

I don't see ay reason why they wouldn't give you norethisterone, i think it's quite cheap anyway xx

hi girls.........well no further forward, got a gynea referal. My LH:FSH was 2:1...........i asked gp if this could be because it was done towards the end of what i can only refer to as a 80odd day cycle (still no af tho!) and he said it may well be that as rest of bloods are all fine. he wouldnt give anything to start af as it aparantly wouldnt work, i fail to see why but i couldnt be bothered to argue the point, i feel like im getting nowhere fast with him! so i can only hope appointment comes through asap but that af arrives in the meantime! iv been on the agnus castus for a few weeks now so i hope it may help! im going to ask that the bloods are repeated on the appropriate days of next cycle xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back