Hi everyone, are you ready for this...!?!

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by Sal, May 30, 2005.

1. Sal

Sal Active Member

Hi everyone, just found this website and think it may well keep me sane knowing i'm not the only one out there stressing like mad about trying to get pregnant!

I'm 23 and have been married for 11 months. I Had my last Depo-Provera injection in September so theoretically could have gotten pregnant since December. It's all I think about and it's driving me mad!

I spoke to my GP and he said it would be about 9 months before I got my periods back (didn't have any the whole 6 years I've been on Depo), and about a year before I got pregnant. I then got a period in early January which made me think I'd get pregnant really quick too. six months later and I'm getting more and more stressed which really won't help things at all.

My sister is having her first baby tomorrow (planned caesarian - breech baby) and I am so excited to finally see my niece or nephew. I can't believe how much I love that bump I have seen growing and growing. I am so pleased for my sister, I really aren't jealous of her but I feel like I wish it could be me as well. Do that make sense or do I sound like a nutter?

I got my period this morning, don't know whether I am so upset because I am not pregnant or whether I am just mad at my self for being so stressed and upset when I have a wonderful husband, fab job, lovely house etc. and should be more patient and happy with what I've got.

Thanks for letting me go on (not that you could really stop me!). Just being able to speak to you has helped me. I don't want my husband to know I am stressing as much as this, and don't want to tell my sister as she has so much going on with her pregnancy that it's not fair.

Any reply's, pm's or e-mails are always welcome.

x

2. tryingrach

tryingrach Member

hi there i sent you a pm if u ever wanna chat just give us a shout

3. socialbunny20

socialbunny20 New Member

Hi sal. I have been TTCing since december too. But I just came of the normal Pill. So I Know just how you feel. I don't want my family to know how much I'm stressing bout it too. 6 months feels like a really long time to me but apparently it's not. :( . I'm here if you ever wanna chat. Have you tried using the baby talk forum on hitched. the people there are really friendly and always offer great advice.

4. v11kae

v11kae Well-Known Member

I too came off the pill around the same time as you guys and it is so hard not falling pregnant yet. I have read lots and I now know that there is no need to fret unless it has been a year then you get check but what makes it so hard is I know 2 poeple who fell in the first month and another 3 who were accidents. Having so many people fall pregnant around me is whats so difficult.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed!

Vicki

5. blue eyed girl

blue eyed girl New Member

Hi
    I got my last depo in sept aswell. And have my periods back straight away.. But still no sign of a baby for me. It is getting to me sooo much especially when so many of my friends just fall pregnant without planning at all and there is me planning everything down to the final detail..
    Hopefully it wil be our turn soon enough..
    It wont come quick enough for me!!

Celine

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. hayley

hayley Well-Known Member

Hi

Seems there's quite a few of us who have been trying since December. I got married last September. Came off the pill straight away but decided i'd give my body 3 to 4 months to regulate. Well my AF is now every 28 to 29 days, i'm ovulating on the 10th to 11th day. We're BD like mad! Nothing else I can do but just wait... trying to not get stressed but i did secretly think i'd be well into a pregnancy by now.

Sending you all Baby dust ******************and hoping July/Aug is luckier for us all.

7. flame1981

flame1981 Member

hi girls,

i got got married two months ago and have been trying to concieve since then! i honestly thought i would concieve straight away, guess i was nieve!
    its really getting to me now! two of my best friends have just found out there pregnant and without even trying! i cant help but feel a bit jealous! getting worried something could be wrong with me or husband! i know 2 months of trying is not very long but its driving me mad, its all i think about!

good luck to everyone

chloe

x

8. Jessika

Jessika Well-Known Member

hi ladies -

Just wanted to firstly wish you all lots of luck ttc...

Also wanted to say i too was on depro, i didnt bleed for 6 yrs then came off it for a break (not trying for a baby) we had numerous accidents over the next year or so but i never got pregnant. My periods took 14 months to come back. I then fell pregnant 12 weeks ago.

I'm not saying it will be easy (i know you already know this) but just wanted to share my depro experience with you. It is a horrible drug and the sooner it is out of your system the better. i believe that is the sola reason for your problems.

I was one of the lucky ones - i hope you are too
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please dont take this post in the wrong way i dont want to come accross as a know it all, far from it!!

9. s

s Well-Known Member

Hi fellow ttcers,
    Getting your period sucks doesn't it. Mine is due in a few days and even though I've made myself be very calm and relaxed about it all this month I'm conscious that it's approaching.
    But it's going to happen for us all, just in it's own good time.
    We've got to be positive.
    I hope the month ahead is a great one for everyone.
    S

10. hayley

hayley Well-Known Member

Hi Jessika

I agree with you on the depro. The doctors don't explain the whole story! I was the same, without a period for around 1 year after i came off it! The main reason I came off it was due to the black outs I used to have. I totally believe it was down to the depro. Never had one since coming off it! many years ago now.

Good luck trying Sal