Hi and Ovulation Test Q

misskth

Reaction score
Hi there! I have lurked for a while and we are now officially trying to conceive. We are two months in and I have a quick question. I was due to ovulate this week (my two apps said Thursday!) and I started testing using my little sticks on Sunday/ Monday as I want to make sure I am as accurate as possible. However this week I have only seen the faintest hint of a line (serious squinting action!) and I wondered why that might be? Any thoughts?

Hi and welcome! The apps predict ov based on averages (e.g. Ov on day 14) which of course isn't the case for all of us so that may be 1 explanation as to why you've not had a positive test yet. What time of day are you testing?

Hi and welcome! The apps predict ov based on averages (e.g. Ov on day 14) which of course isn't the case for all of us so that may be 1 explanation as to why you've not had a positive test yet. What time of day are you testing?

Thanks for the reply! I am testing first thing in the morning. I was using the cheaper tests from Amazon that I had seen someone mention on here before but I have just been and got some Clearblue Digital ones to use as well/instead. Month 1 I had no issue at all. Still trying to find my feet as it were!

The Amazon cheapies are pretty good but I've also used CB as well. You mean you got a positive test last month? What day? Hormones and physical/mental stress can sometimes delay ov. It's all a steep learning curve! X

Last edited:
On the days leading up to my ovulation day the line was there on the ovulation test and then my day of ovulation is quite clear, hope that makes sense!

It does! I mean what day of your cycle if you know? And just to state the obvious, a positive test is when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line. Sorry you prob realise this!

It does! I mean what day of your cycle if you know? And just to state the obvious, a positive test is when the test line is as dark or darker than the control line. Sorry you prob realise this!

Ah I see, just counted and it was day 13 :) And yes it was as dark (although I am paranoid about my own judgement lol!)

Haha it might drive you crazy! Ov can vary month to month so try not to get too hung up on it and just persevere with the opks and DTD! Lots of luck to you, fx your stay here is a short one x

Thanks Candy, you have eased my mind (and the Mr's lol!) so it is much appreciated. xx

Hiya, you are not supposed to do ovulation tests first thing like pregnancy tests. It's recommended that you do them between 10am and 5pm as thats when the LH is high. Might make a difference. Also don't drink or go to the loo for an hour or so beforehand....I find that sooo difficult!

I'm ovulating today (CD18)

even though I've had lots of cramp and weirdness since CD8 which has really confused me!

Hiya, you are not supposed to do ovulation tests first thing like pregnancy tests. It's recommended that you do them between 10am and 5pm as thats when the LH is high. Might make a difference. Also don't drink or go to the loo for an hour or so beforehand....I find that sooo difficult!

Sorry yeah this is the case unless you're using the CB kits which are fmu x

the cramps can be the eggs maturing...I get them too.

Oh really, that might be the problem...eek! With my job it is going to be hard to do it during those times but I will give it a go. Thanks for the heads up!

I used to smuggle a small plastic cup into the toilets and do it when I was at work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back