Hi all...newbie here!

mum-2-b?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Tracey, i am 23 and live in Scotland. I have just found this site and would like a little bit of advice if possible please! Myself and my fiance have been trying for a baby now for 3 months. I was on the pill and came off it in October 05. I really want to find out if the symptoms i am haveing are anything like any of you ladies out there! I will be 2 weeks late on Wed of this week, i am feeling, v. tired constantly, feeling nauseous but never being sick? Dizzy spells and headaches every day? The first day of my lmp was 10 Dec 05? However, i have done 3 pregnancy tests in the last week and all have come back negative? Please could someone tell me if i am imagining this or if there is a chance i could be a mum 2 be?!

Sorry, a bit long winded and i have probably still left something off!

many thanks ladies!

Can anyone give me any advice...i was told this site was great for help and advice? Im feeling a bit left out...? :oops:

Hi Tracey and welcome

I'm not pg but the symptoms you've described sound like you could be! Months following the off-the-pill can be a little tricky. Were your previous cycles regular? Around 28-30 days? I'm only asking so as to estimate if you're late or if your cycles are a bit messed up. I'm hoping you're late and that your hormones levels are still low for tests to pick up! Try a diff brand and try first morning urine sample. I've heard lots of cases where it took several days after AF due date for the BFP to show.

If you still don't get a positive or your period, I suggest you see your doctor to find out what's going on

Good luck! Hope you are!!

xx

Thanks wondering i was starting to think i had said something i shouldn't have as nobody was replying?! lol

I have done a first morning urine sample and still came up negative? I was totally regular when i was on the pill, even the months after i came off the pill i was regular so thats what has made me wonder whether i am pregnant as i have never really been late in the past?

As far as i know i am 2weeks late tomorrow, and that is counting on it being a 32 day cycle?

Can you or anybody else tell me whether or not it will show up on an u/s this week as i have been booked in for an u/s by my doctor for weeks now just to check things out down there?

This all sounds so confusing...aren't our body's horrible to us!

Hi welcome to the forum, your symptoms all sound very prominsing so sending you lots of baby dust and best wishes!
Im sure that if you were pregnant it would show up on the scan?!

Best of luck

Steph x

Thanks Steph! Here's hoping...i am getting to the stage where i am so scared to do another test incase its negative to! I will keep you all posted, i am definatly feeling more pregnant by the day! I am peeing every 30 minutes for a start and backache....god it hurts!

How strange that all the tests are coming back negative though?
Maybe your cycle is out of sync because you haven't long come off the pill so it won't show positiva straight away.
All the signs sound very promising.
Keep us posted!!

:lol: WELCOME TO THE FORUM :lol:

Thanks you guys, ooooh its so nice to speak to other woman who are more 'in the know'...if you know what i mean, my o/h thinks i am imagining it but i am hoping deep down i am not! How long do you think it would take to show positive if it is my cycle thats out of cync, this waiting game is starting to drive me insane!

Hi Tracy,

I was feeling pretty much the same as you in the early stages of pregnacy an the 1st 3 tests that i did at the my GP where all negative! I had to have a blood test in the end that came up positive! The nurse said that there probably wasnt enough pregnancy hormone to detect and that some women produce it faster than others!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Oh thats nice to hear kelsbels, i really am now starting to doubt i am pregnant and that maybe something else isn't quite right with me? I am doing another test tomorrow morning as that will be my official 2 weeks late date? I will have everything crossed i can tell you and failing that i will just have to see if there is anything on my u/s. I am getting so nervous now, i hate this waiting game!

I really fear how disappointed i am going to be if it turns out i am not pregnant!

Thanks everyone for replying and i will let you all know!

hi mum-2-b!

hope all is still progressing nicely! - your symptoms sound very promising - my cousin did loads of tests, all negative, even a dr's test came back negative and guess what? - she (eventually!!) found out she was pregnant after a scan and shes due in about 3 weeks!

i have heard that you can have a false negative, but very rarely a false positive, so fingers crossed for ya!

shamu

With my daughter (who's nearly 13 now), I had loads of negative tests, and finally the gp confirmed it with a blood test at 14 weeks!!

With this pregnancy, I took a few tests (all first response) and they were all negative. So I went out on New Years Eve and drank as I knew I was not pg!! :shock: :?
Then New Years Day, still no AF, and I remembered that a friend had given me a Boots test a while ago. I peed on the stick, and immediately, a strong blue cross appeared. As it was New Years Day, all the shops were closed, so I went to Asda the next day and got 2 Asda tests, did one, and lo and behold, a very strong line instantly.

So, it is definitely possible to get a false negative, and different tests also produce different results. If I was you, I would book a doctors appointment today, but also go shopping and buy a different brand of test.

Good Luck!!!

xxx

Thats really good to hear Tankett, well i have my hopes back up again now, i needed that!..as i did another test this morning and still negative? Well i am just praying now that something shows up on the u/s tomorrow and failing that well ill be hitting the wine bottle on Friday i think!?

Thanks Tankett i think i may just phone the doctor today and book an appointment for Friday?!

xxx

Ok the update is as follows! I had my u/s and unfortunatly the nurse said there doesn't seem to be any signs of a pregnancy but she warned me not to take that as gospel as she thinks it may be to early to see anything? I also visited the doctor yesterday afternoon and did a lab pregnancy test so i will get the results on Monday...so another long weekend ahead of me!

To be honest though i am resigning myself to the fact i am not pregnant, although i have all the symptoms and i feel it i fear if it is not visible on an u/s then there is nothing there? I have worked out i should be about 6 weeks by now so surely that would show up?

Anyways, a long weekend ahead and then just another waiting game till the next time!

xxx

hi mum-2-b

still got my fingers crossed for you - i have heard about women going for scans early on and then havign to go back in a few weeks time as the yolk sac cant be seen on the scan, maybe thats what your midwife meant?
have a nice weekend and try not to worry to much and relax

be thinking of ya - looking forward to some good news next week!

shamu

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back