Hgc levels nothing on scan

Tazza1989

Reaction score
I am a little worried im going through an etopic pregnancy. My hgc levels were 2100 odd 48hrs ago today they are 2400. I had a scan as my last period was 6weeks ago. I was told i may be around 4weeks this is why it wasnt detected by an internal scan. I have to have more bloods in 48 hours. Can anyone give me some advice please. This is my first pregnancy

Hi Tazza, i'm so sorry you're going through this.. It's an anxious time for everybody so take whatever support you can get.. Were they happy with that rise in hcg or were they hoping for more? I know they usually look for hcg to double over a 48-72 hour period... I wouldn't worry in isolation about seeing nothing on the scan at this stage as any possible baby is going to be so, so tiny. It's impossible I know but try not to stress, they'll take care of you and monitor you closely. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best outcome for you xxx

This morning when they took my blood they were happy with the 2100 level from wed said its too early to be seen on a scan. When they rung me for my results today she said it should be seen on scan. So im a little confused. Im hoping everything is ok. They said its rising but should be higher thats why ive got to go again on sunday. Thank you for crossing your fingers i appriciate it xxx

I was told that they should be able to see something on a scan when levels are over 1000. But, even then at that stage it's Di very tiny that it can be hard.

Hcg should double every 48 hours ideally, but it doesn't always and it doesn't always mean the worst.

Best thing you can do, is sit tight and see what the next lot of bloods say.

Babies all grow at such different rates in the early days so hopefully your little one is just a bit slower to get started.

XX

Hi tazza, so sorry that you're going through this. I had an ectopic recently and the waiting around for blood tests every 48 hours is a complete nightmare, mine in total lasted a good 6 weeks going backwards and forwards to the hospital, so I know how you're feeling! I really hope that everything turns out ok for you, fingers crossed! X x

Thank you.... ive got my fingers crossed. Im not in any pain at all no bleeding either. Just confused as one tells me its to early for a scan another said it should be seen. Hopefully tomorrow will bring better news xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back