hey ya i'm new and expacting..

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by mum2bee, Jun 29, 2005.

1. mum2bee

mum2bee New Member

Hey ya, my names Rach and i'm from kent (i sound like i'm on blind date)! lol

well i'm almost 7 weeks had a scan yesterday as i had a miscarriage in feb and they want to keep an eye on me.. it was soo small but i was so glad to see it was there and in the right place as I was and still getting pains in my right side but when i looked it up on the internet they said it could be an ectopic pregnancy but when i went for the scan they said it is a cyst and its quite common for pregnant women to get them. got another scan in 3 weeks can't wait to see how much it will grow by then i'm so excited. would love to hear from other mummys to be...

Rach xxx

2. alsha

alsha Well-Known Member

Hi Rach, my name is Alsha i am 26wks and loving it, lovely to hear all is well with you. You will always find really nice people on here to talk to if you have any worries. Its good that you have another scan so soon, you will be suprised to see how much it has grown in that short time. Look forwards to speaking to you soon :D

3. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

hi,

Congratulations,

i haven't even seen my midwife yet she isn't coming til sunday, she said they see you at 11 weeks now it used to be 8!!?

Anyway good luck with your pregnancy, i hope it plain sailing for you! :D :D :D

4. Guest

Hi rach welcome to the site! I know how small they are at 7 weeks! My little bean was 9mm long! Good strong heart beat though! I've had 4 scans already and I'm now 10 weeks, another scan on Tuesday :D Can't wait to see my little bean again :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!! And smooth sailing with this pregnancy :)

5. mum2bee

mum2bee New Member

aw thanks, nice to meet you all! you all seem really nice hope things go well for you too. yeah can't wait for the next scan they said it will grow quite a bit in that time.. i'll get another little pic too!

Amy's mum.. i can't believe u haven't seen the mid wife yet! i see the midwife on the 7th july only becuase she couldn't fit me in earlier.
    xx

6. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

i know, it seems like forever!!

i cant go for my 12 weeks scan until i have seen her and it takes a few weeks for it to come through here so i could be 14-15 weeks before i have it!!!

its all a waiting game

7. Guest

i am 28 weeks tomoz and cant wait i am so excited i am like a child at christmas even though i am only 17 and the baby wasnt planned it is very much wanted

8. BubbleOne

BubbleOne Well-Known Member

Hi Amy's Mum,
    I think it's quite normal not to see your midwife until 11weeks if you are recieving joint care from your doctor and midwife? (Not sure if you are!!)
    I went to see my GP at 8weeks and she confirmed my pregnancy and told me to book in to see the midwife at around 10-11weeks which I did.
    I haven't seen my midwife since as all my antenatal checkups have been with GP. Am seeing midwife for second time next week though after my 20 week scan.
    The only thing that is different for me is that my GP booked my 12 week dating scan for me at the first appointment once she had confirmed my pregnancy. So not sure why you have to wait to see midwife before they will book it for you? xxx

9. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

i am classed as high risk so i have joint care (a consultant and midwife) i have now booked in with my midwife and had my scan today, so i have to see the midwife again on thursday.

10. Sassy

Sassy Active Member

Congrats on the pregnancy :)
    I'm 11 weeks today!