hen weekend - pregnancy.... :/

claire2602

Reaction score
I need advise....... im maid of honour whoop! :) wedding is sept.2014. hen weekend will be in august. now....... if my.prediction comes true and i concieve in october than all is fine as baby will be born in june - however if i dont catch and do lets say in jan then im screwed! i mean i do not condone giving birth then automatically start going out again - i think its morally wrong but theres juet some things you have to go too! and my best friends hen (that im organising) is one of them! Oh has already said if im over 7months im not going - if id concieved straight away this would be no problem! Gggrrrrrr :( am i over thinking it all? what would you all do? xxxx

You're over thinking!! Just go with the flow and cross that bridge when it happens hun, you can't put your own life behind someone else's hen do or anything else xxx

I agree, go with the flow and deal with it when it happens. There have been so many things I have put off and avoided just incase but refuse to do that now x

thanks girls..... im just panacking! obvs wanna go but getting my.little bean is so important to me! x

You can decide nearer the time! Say you'll go and then if you have given birth and don't want to leave your baby maybe you can just go to part of it?

I know your dilemma my sister is getting married in june 2014 and im a bridesmaid if my last pregnancy was successful baby would have been here in jan, now its the if/when i catch will i be a whale or giving birth so don't want to ruin her big day and all the plans shes spent so much time making xxx

I know your dilemma my sister is getting married in june 2014 and im a bridesmaid if my last pregnancy was successful baby would have been here in jan, now its the if/when i catch will i be a whale or giving birth so don't want to ruin her big day and all the plans shes spent so much time making xxx

Has she got more bridesmaids in case you happen to give birth that day?! You can talk to a dress maker about getting your dress altered in case you are huge as well! Our best friends' baby was due just before our wedding, they lived abroad and he was the best man! So we had a cousin on hand to be a replacement best man just in case! He was the kind of person who didn't mind not being asked first!

It can be tricky when babies get in the way of long-standing plans!

Yeah she has 2 others but i would be absolutely gutted if i was to miss her wedding day just hoping it wont be a problem lol xx

Im worried about several things - 1 paying the money for the weekend and not being able to go, being fat for her wedding (shes not bothered) ive already sais were not booking hen weekend till end of jan - that way ill know if pregnancy will get in way - 1 activity were doing is zorbing....if im pregnant i just wont do it so that wouldnt bother me! im maid of honour!i have to go! ive put so much into planning id be gutted! even tho a baby is all ive dreamed of! oooohhhhhh its hard :( x

Good idea not to book it till nearer the time! And you won't be fat you will be pregnant and look amazing! TTC friends will be jealous of you!

I agree with the others too ... many of us ladies end up putting our lives on hold just on the off chance it happens.

You only live once so just enjoy each month at a time and cross that particular bridge when you come to it.
xx

I agree with the others too ... many of us ladies end up putting our lives on hold just on the off chance it happens.

You only live once so just enjoy each month at a time and cross that particular bridge when you come to it.
xx

Just what I was going to say!

I'm starting an nvq next week which will take about 10 months to do and considered not doing it just in case I fall pregnant in that time but I'll just have to deal with it if I do. I'm hoping to be pregnant within that time but I can't pass a good opportunity just in case it happens! Xx

As the others have said don't put anything on hold during TTC fx you will conceive very soon but we are not in control of when we conceive and when it happens it happens.
Just go with the flow best of luck xx

After I booked my wedding, the accommodation (as we had it in the lake district so booked cottages for a week) and bought the bridesmaids dresses, my bridesmaid announced she was pregnant and not only that but her due date was 4 days after our wedding. She was terrified of telling me in case I was angry with her! Of course I wasn't, I realised that her baby was more important than anything. Of course I hoped she could come but at the same time I never actually expected her to travel 3 hours from home when she was so close to her due date. But she did, and the baby stayed put and actually was late! When it came to the hen do, I actually had two because I live in Cornwall and my friends and family are in Birmingham, so I had a wild drunken one in Cornwall with the in laws and friends down here, then had a surprise party at another bridesmaids house in Brum. (Surprise because I knew they were organising something but I didn't know what). We had it a couple of months before the wedding so my pregnant BM wasn't massive yet and it was lovely as it was relaxed and she could sit and natter with everyone without being left out. Whatever happens your friend would understand if you either had to miss it or arrange it to suit you and your pregnancy, so don't worry, carry on bd'ing and go with the flow! :) X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back