Help!

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Kate1985, May 26, 2016.

1. Kate1985

Kate1985 Well-Known Member

My baby is 8 weeks old. She feeds all day and I'm not exaggerating I mean literally all day. Any time she's awake she wants to feed. The only time she isn't feeding is when she sleeps. I can't keep this up I have no life and I also have a 3 year old. Her nappies are regularly wet but I wouldn't say weight gain us good. She's 8lb 1 now n was 6lb 9 born so 1.5lb in 8 weeks. Any advice? X

2. Birdie

Birdie Well-Known Member

Has she been properly checked for a tongue tie? I mean by a qualified lactation consultant - not midwife or GP?

My son had undiagnosed posterior TT for almost 8 weeks.... the lady that finally diagnosed him had been properly trained and knew to feel under his tongue - no one else in 8 weeks had done that!

3. Kate1985

I already had her tongue tie cut. My husband has just arrived home from work, took her off me and she has settled straight away. I think I'm just associated with boob x

4. Becky1

Becky1 Well-Known Member

What if you go out and she's in the pram? Or pop her in a sling see if she settles like that. xx

5. Kate1985

Have real problems putting her down even in pram. She has spina bifida so has a huge wound on her back from the operation. Therefore she sleeps on her front so never really settles in pram or car seat. She's had such a tough start which is why I have tried to persevere but it's killing me.

6. Lilalylola

Lilalylola Well-Known Member

I cannot help but notice that your baby is born with spinabifida, I was to.

I do think your baby associate's you with food, she smells it on you.
    Can she lay on her back already or do you have to wait a few months before that is allowed?

7. Kate1985

Hi lilalylola, she can lie on her back but I think it's still a bit uncomfortable for her. It was a very large lesion x

8. Becky1

Becky1 Well-Known Member

Could you use a sling? I found it really helped in the early days with settling without feeding. x