Help??

*saulino*

Reaction score
Hello

Im just wondering if any of you have had any days where you only felt your baby move twice in 24 hours??? should i worry or not???
i talk to some people and they say its no problem that shes prob just not having a energetic day but others say call the hospital.....keep in mind i went to the hospital sat already from chest pains so i dont wanna go there and embarress my self.
If any one can reply that would be great'
Katrina

My little man only moves when he feels like moving. Some days its most of the day, other times its only two/three times a day. My midwife didnt seem concerned when I mentioned it to her. I suppose its because he still has a lot of room in there to move about and Im not going to feel it all the time. Hope this helps a bit. If you are worried though, speak to your midwife. She will be able to reassure you if anything.

Hello

Thanks for your reply, umm i dont have a midwife, it was only mentioned that we could get them here on wednesday, so its too late now. My Doctor is only in her office on mondays, so if she doesnt move at all by tom, then i might just phone the hospital. I get mixed answers from everyone, people telling me to go to the hospital right away and others saying that there babys do it too, i guess the books you read really stress you out as well, because they say if you lay on your side for a half hour after eating and dont feel anything to call your doctor, or if you dont feel anything for over 12 hours, which i only felt her in the mid afternoon , so i guess ill just wait and see.
Katrina
Ps sorry for worrying i think because my mom lost her first its getting in my head as my dad is paranoid as well which doesnt help.

Hey sweetie

Dont be sorry for worrying. This is my first and I worry like hell! The books do tend to put the fear of god into you, especially if your pregnancy is not text book - which mine is far from text book. I thought the services here was bad when I didnt meet my allocated MW til I was 23 wks!

Go down to your local hospital if you are worried though, but as you are feeling the little one move at some point during the day Im sure that everything is fine.

Love Leanne x x x

Katrina - at your stage of pregnancy if you do not feel your baby move more than 10 times a day you should contact your care giver. if this is repeatedly happening you should contact them very soon.

From 20 weeks, providing you have felt movements for at least a couple of weeks, you should feel baby move at least once a day.
From 28 weeks you should be feeling baby move at least 10 times in a day. That's when we are told to contact the midwife as baby may need to be monitored. My hospital say at least 8 kicks in 8 hours after 32 weeks too.

Some days my little one just meets the criteria and other days he kicks for Britain - so they do vary day to day, but anything less than 10 kicks a day should be checked.

That's how it is where I am at least and as far as I know, across England.

HTH x

I have been told the same thing as well: from 28 weeks onward, you should feel 10 kicks/day. If not, go to hospital!
I am only 26 weeks, and with my troubles lately, haven't felt baby move that much, and I have called my midwife. She repeated the 10 times thing but said I should go to A&E if I don't feel my little one more than 3 times these days.
You are much further on, I would definitely go to hospital!
I know we always feel that we might look stupid, but hey, so what??
At the end of the day, it's your baby! On top of it, you have a good excuse: your doctor is rarely available!!!!!!!! :shock:

let us know how it goes
take care,
mel xx

Is that 10 kicks a day or movement on 10 seperate occasions? cos mine only moves on 2 or 3 occasions each day, but kicks loads of times on each occasion. I'm really confused :? :? :?

10 seperate kicks/turns/rolls/swishes at anytime during the day. Not 10 occasions...mine only kicks at night at the moment when I really poke him to move. I just poke him a few times to make sure I get my 10 movements!

bloody hell, the replies in this thread is enough to scare anyone half to death!

Katrina - The midwifes do tell you to look out for 10 movements a day, but that CAN include a bout of movements at once. We are due on the same day so at this stage its not set in stone you should be feeling them all the time, it depends on your body and your baby, the "10 movements a day" thing will not aply to every pregnant person.
My baby will move loads one day, and only a few times the next, its diffrent for every person!! so please dont get scared when you read this thread!

If you are worried at anytime, best thing to do is ask your midwife or doctor, midwifes all practice diffrently, as proved in the jan mums section, some adive diffrently to others, some messure bumps, others dont, again, one rule doesnt aply to everyone.

plus, the bigger the baby gets, the less movemnts you will tend to feel as she is running out of room, a wiggle of her fingers/toes classes as a movement, but if we are busy that day, they tend to go un noticed.

Kim - 10 kicks all at one time will count as 10 movements for that day, so dont worry to much

Well I told my midwife that I wasn't going to count the kicks. I don't want the added pressure of having to tick little boxes on a chart that she gave me to make sure he is moving around. I might start doing it later, but like Layla says, the baby does run out of room towards the end and the movements are not so obvious, and it will really stress me out if I think I haven't felt my set number of kicks per day.

I would rather go with my instinct and take each day as it comes I think.

hiya
some times i can only feel my baby move if my hands on my belly if not i some times miss him/her movin hope this helps

I'm doing the same as you Sarah, I started to get all panicky when baby hadn't moved but if I feel worried I drink coke or get into the bath as that sets bean off. I am 36 weeks now and baby stretches me rather then kicks, the movements have definately changed. I have noticed more movement though today but that is because I have been in bed (am so lazy) so have concentrated more. I have a lazy baby, will only hit out at my support belt if it gets squashed. However if you are concerned go to the hospital, that is what they are there for and if nothing else you get to hear your baby. xx

LOL yeah mine kicks the support belt. When I was on the monitors in the hospital it spent forever kicking it and when the midwife moved it he would kick it again as if to say 'get it off'!

Never meant to try and scare you Saulino - just telling you what I was told. x

If anyone is worried about kicks I would:

Turn off the TV, music etc.

Sit in a comfy chair in a relaxed position.

Drink ice cold water, have an ice lolly or a sugary drink to stimulate the baby.

I may not work straight away, but it's what my hospital tell you to do if you are worried. Sometimes in our busy lives we might miss a load of kicks because we are concentration on something else. Sit, relax and have a cold drink and see what happens!

I also take sweet things if I want to trigger some kicks, and just like you, GILL, I put my hands on my tummy, and I seem to fel more movements like this.
Yesterday, At the surgery, the GP felt 2 kicks when he was checking my tummy, but I only felt one!!!!
felt a bit stupid I have to say :oops:

Mel xx

Movements can really drive you paranoid. I went to the hospital 3 weeks ago and was giving a leaflet on this and it even said to contact someone even if you feel more movements than usual. So going by what different people you could be in hospital quite a bit.

Some days my baby is really active and other days he is really quiet. Aren't we the same? Some days don't we feel like not doing too much?

And to be honest if I am busy I don't feel movement that much especially if I am walking, which makes a lot of sense.

So I will not be counting kicks but trust my own instinct if something is wrong.

Sami said:
I just poke him a few times to make sure I get my 10 movements!

LOL I do that but people keep telling me I'll hurt her - I don't think so she's in a bag of water, she likes it :wink:

Kim said:
Sami said:
I just poke him a few times to make sure I get my 10 movements!

LOL I do that but people keep telling me I'll hurt her - I don't think so she's in a bag of water, she likes it :wink:

LOL that's what people say to me too :lol: I tell them the same thing. My baby always puts his feet or hand up to where I'm pushing - it's quite funny - my new game called chase the foot :wink:

Hi

I had the same problem at around the same time with my first child. I had to go to hospital everyday for a week to be hooked up to the monitor. The strange thing is that when you lie there still with nothing to do except watch your belly then you start to notice that the baby is moving loads.

So sometimes you just need to put your feet up, have an ice cold drink and just watch your belly for about an hour and you should notice baby moving.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back