Help!

JoanneG79

Reaction score
I am only 10 weeks but me and my OH are getting a bit carried away!

We have decided on Jack Grant for a baby boy (Jack was his Grandad's name and Grant is my Grandad's middle name), but for a girls name we run in to trouble!

I have always said (since I was about 6!) that I was going to have a little girl and call her Rebecca. However, my cousin has a 4 year old and he has called her Rebekah. We don't speak but don't know if it is ok to still think about the name? Wouldn't want to put my grandparents in the position of having 2 great grandchildren called Rebecca!!

I think Rebecca is a lovely name- I'm bias though :lol: - if you don't speak - I wouldn't worry!

My OH made me sit with him and discuss names- agreed we like Isabelle for a girl as izzy/belle is a nice abbreviation :) boy wise he really likes jenson- I'm not 100 % hmmmmm

We are having a similar predicament! I would go for Rebecca if you don't really speak to them ? Cx

Decision made then - thanks girls! We are definite on Jack Grant Fisher as my name will be Joanne Gourlay-Fisher once we get married, so my initials will be JGF, same as baby boy.

My OH is Ross John Fisher so his initials are RJF, so we want a baby girl to have his initials too, hence Rebecca! Now we need to think of a middle name!!

Not sure if that is an odd way to think of baby names or not - my OH certainly thinks I am a wee bit weird!!

I think Rebecca is a lovely name- I'm bias though :lol: - if you don't speak - I wouldn't worry!

My OH made me sit with him and discuss names- agreed we like Isabelle for a girl as izzy/belle is a nice abbreviation :) boy wise he really likes jenson- I'm not 100 % hmmmmm

I do like Jenson - although me and my OH are F1 fans!!

How about Jane as the middle name for a girl? X

How about Jane as the middle name for a girl? X

I like that - my Gran's name is Jane though. I don't want to annoy anyone with using my side of the family's name and not the OH's. Will see what he says tonight!

If not how about Jorga, Jade, Joy or Janna xx

Yay for Jack!! I have one :)
Rebecca's lovely too. My Cousin's middle name is Jayne which is a slightly different spelling. I also knew a Jaini once pronounced Janey if you wanted something a little didferent? x

I like Janey too! I tried Jamie again last night, he didn't screw his face up as much as last time.... progress!! He didn't like Joy, thought it was too old lady ish! Although we then decided we kind of liked Maisie or Maggie as a first name instead of Rebecca.

I need to take a breath and stop for a while I think!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back