Help!!!

L2310

Reaction score
Ahh I feel so fed up! I've had next to no sleep... I have a dry tickly cough which is driving me mad and my throat is soooo sore because of it :( and since dinner time yesterday I can't keep anything down - food or drink, its like it gets stuck half way, then the only way for it to go is back up :(

Every time I fell asleep last night, I'd wake up after about an hour and my throat would be that dry I'd try and drink some water, then cough and cough and cough, then the water would come back up and I'd be coughing that much I couldn't breath properly and kept almost having panic attacks it was awful. Then I'd fall back asleep and do it all over again. I've tried a cup of tea with some toast and paracetamol which just came straight back up, I've gargled salt water, I've had slice of lemon in hot water, I've had ice pops, I've tried Vicks vapour rub in hot water and inhaling it - nothing is helping!!!

I can cope with the throat during the day but last night was too much and I'm gonna be petrified going to bed tonight :( thats the closest I've ever come to having a panic attack, i really felt like i couldn't breathe. And how am I meant to even have a drink of water today and try and keep it down?!

Please has anyone had this or have any ideas what I can do? I'm disparate! Xx

Sorry you're not feeling good. I'd suggest popping to a pharmacy and asking for some advice. I'm not sure what you can/can't take in pregnancy. Only other thing would be to try some honey in hot water.

Easy to say, but just try to relax. Broken up ice cubes might help too xx

Try and sleep sitting up a bit, don't lie down. I know exactly the kind of cough you mean, I remember sleeping on the sofa once when I had one as I just couldn't stop coughing! ended up downing night nurse and finally passing out, not an option when you're pregnant! (not a great option full stop really...)
Try some meditation or breathing exercises and a nice bath before bed to try and relax.
fx it's better tonight hun. sounds awful xxx

Laura i was like this in Tri 1 i went to the doc and he give me a spray to use. It was really good. I could cope through the day but i couldnt at night so i only used it at night. It numbed the back of my throat and within a few days i was sorted so maybe ring your gp and see of they can give you anything. Keep me updated. Xxx

Thanks for the replies girls. So fed up now it just seems to be getting worse and this is the forth day :( as the days went on I've completely lost my voice now and it feels like my throat is really swollen. Went to the chemist and got some honey and lemon cough medicine that the pharmacist said was ok to take and some soothers but nothing's helping so far :( dreading tonight xxx

I am always sick if drink water find squash or slightly fizzy lemonade is easier to drink also try warm drinks too and ice lollys to help hydration xx

Thanks. This really is horrible and it just seems to be getting worse! Ended up ringing the maternity department last night as I couldn't breathe or even keep down water it was awful :( have doctors at half three today so hoping there is something they can do otherwise looks like admission for dehydration :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back