Help...

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Help...Hannah is 8 months next week. She has always been a spot on little eater, would more or less finish whatever I gave her with minimal fuss. We make all our own stuff for her and blend it. It's not really smooth, quite textured and she is fine with chewing as she handles toast no problem and bits of bread, rice cakes etc...but the last few days every mealtime has been a fight. she just wont open her mouth after the first few spoonfulls. I have tried giving her a spoon to play with, finger food etc to play with and help herself to while i shovel food in (lol)..this kind of worked, but I dont want it to be a fight. She has a very troublesome tooth coming through, top middle...do you think this may be the issue or is it just a fussy 'i want to be independant' phase? thanks xx

Oh and I can't get her to drink water anymore....she is nowehere near dehydrated and still has around 23oz of formula a day so is getting liquid.....but I think i am going to have to resort to a bit of juice....what does everyone else do, what juice etc? xx

With regards to the food, Will occasionally does this if teething or has a cold or just a bit off colour, I sympathise as its so frustrating but you will prob find she returns too normal soon x

With the teeth even my LO has gone off food.and he loves his food!
I would wait.
If you resort to.juice, she might not take water. I.would persevere for a bit longer and see if she takes it again. Does she just have beaker on.her tray during mealtimes?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Id say if it goes on for longer than a week to phone your HV or GP but it could just be a little phase- i hope it passes soon though it must be very frustrating. i dont have any ideas other than letting her feed herself (if max wont take anymore i let him do it himself and he eats more).

juice wise theres baby squash and you can either give that to her how it is or diluted more in some water. also you can use normal fruit juice (like pure orange juice) and dilute that in water (think its meant to be 10 parts water to 1 part juice)

ive tried every kind of juice going and max wont drink any of it lol so hes still just on his milk for liquid xxx

I would wait.
If you resort to.juice, she might not take water. I.would persevere for a bit longer and see if she takes it again. Does she just have beaker on.her tray during mealtimes?

mostly yeah....should i offer it to her more at random times through the day too?

she has eaten all her breakfast this morning by the way :) xx

I would wait.

mostly yeah....should i offer it to her more at random times through the day too?

she has eaten all her breakfast this morning by the way :) xx

Try offering it at different times ie btw milk feeds too and see if she takes it. Do you give her the beaker to play with? A likes biting on the soft spout too but i have non spill one for that purpose

Totally agree with teething being the cause x

My LO loves her food, she been a late teether ( only has three and a half at a year old!) and when there's teeth cutting she won't eat or drink :(

I tried giving her calprofen and teething gel about 45 mins before a meal and I usually find it helps :)

Also, there are a few bugs going round, maybe she doesn't feel like eating? X

she does like to play with it yeah...it's one of those where they kind of have to suck to get any out...like half way between a bottle and a spout, but spout shaped. know what i mean? so she may get some out then. she has had half an ounce this morning with her breakfast, so thats better than nothing xx

I was just saying this morning that we were so glad that we perservred with just giving water - at about the same age my lo only drank about 2 oz of water a day but a lot of formula. Now she drinks a couple of beakers full - sometimes more! She eventually started drinking more.

If she is drinking plenty of milk I wouldn't worry too much about the food! It probably is her teeth - and she won't starve herself!

Stanley gets put off his food when hes teething BUT its also, with him, a case of he just does not want help :( hes been like that since about 7 months! He has everything we have and he just delves in a feeds himself.. he will not take anything off a spoon lol x

My HV told me not to use the non spill ones as they're too hard for LOs to drink out of at first... So the tommee tippee first beakers are good, they're only non spill when u put the mouthpiece flat but will let water out as soon as it goes into the piece xxx

With regards to the food, Will occasionally does this if teething or has a cold or just a bit off colour, I sympathise as its so frustrating but you will prob find she returns too normal soon x

Same with my boy. Aw bless them.
I've a real battle trying to get him to use sippy cups - and the doidy cup was basically tipped all over himself!

Sent via Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back