Help!?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Amylize, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Amylize

Amylize Well-Known Member

Sorry ladies TMI but a quick question.......

I am constipated but when I do go its hard a difficult to pass. Ive been today and when I wiped myself and when I did i had blood. (checked it wasnt from front bum too) could this mean anything or is it because im pushing and it could be ripping?

X

2. GoldenDragon

GoldenDragon Well-Known Member

I've had constipation that's eased over the last week or so, but I didn't have any bleeding. I'm sorry if this doesn't help, but I didn't want to read and run. Hope everything is ok hun :hug: xx

3. Butterflykisses

Butterflykisses Well-Known Member

I would guess straining too much is causing tears and therefore bleeding. Try kiwi fruit and fruit juice. Ur doctor can prescribe lactulose to ease the constipation. x

4. Tara1985

Tara1985 Well-Known Member

I had that couple of weeks ago. Was really scared and went to EMdoc but he said it's fine, was from my bottom. Sorry I couldn't be much more help, think it might be best you see the docs to be sure. xx

5. FirstBabyEek

FirstBabyEek Well-Known Member

I'd put a pad on and monitor it, if you get any more or severe pains then call your Mw, prob just from straining but it's better to be safe.

6. Amylize

Amylize Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies. It only bled when I wiped. I havent bled since and there is nothing on my underwear. It was literally as if I had pushed too hard which caused straining. It doesnt hurt or anything either. Ill keep an on it. I do drink fruit juice everyday just hoping that the constipation soon passes xx

7. vixxie77

vixxie77 Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like your constipation may have caused piles hun, go and see your gp, they can provide something that will help x x

8. vixxie77

vixxie77 Well-Known Member

They are very common in pregnancy and nothing to worry about, they do bleed when you go x x

9. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

I bleed a little when i do a number 2 and also hurts xxx

10. julianne

julianne Well-Known Member

I'm agree with Vixxie & Loula. If it is from the back don't worry.

I feel like I've been constipated for the last two weeks (although i am prone to a bit of backing up anyway-tmi) .

It does sound like haemorrhoids from straining to have a number 2. If you cannot wait to see your GP, you can get Lactulose over the counter without prescription. Prune juice is also supposed tp be good.

11. babyem

babyem Well-Known Member

It will just be strain, and because it's not actually in your stools, its nothing serious. Try and eat foods to soften your stools, so there's less strain

12. SARAHSTAR

SARAHSTAR Well-Known Member

Have had quite bad constipation too - i think its quite common in early stages of pregnancy. Natural senna tablets have worked for me (was starting to worry a bit as nothing had 'happened' for a few days!!! tmi) I'd avoid anything like Dulcolax and stick to the natural stuff if you are gonna take anything to ease it. As for the blood I think the other girls are right - sounds like the straining thats caused it and I've had that too. AHHH THE JOYS!!!!!! :blush:

13. TaffyRose

TaffyRose Well-Known Member

I had this a couple of weeks ago hun and Fybogel was my best friend for a while. It's very common in early pregnancy hun but does pass, literally :) xx

14. babyem

babyem Well-Known Member

It hurts when I go! ha! the joys!!!

15. ChrissieCool

ChrissieCool Well-Known Member

Sounds like haemorrhoids maybe, get some lactulose, it works great and it's safe to use, I used it myself all the time xxx