Help with vitamins!

Dswansea

Reaction score
Evening ladies,
Bit of a newbie here, I am currently taking folic acid & cranberry tablets (to stop water infections)
Wondering what vitamins I should & shouldnt take, bought evening primrose & starflower but not sure if I should or shouldn't be taking any help would be great
Thanks ladies! Xxxx

Hi Dswansea. EPO and starflower oil is fine providing you only take in the first half of your cycle, you must stop taking them at ovulation. There are a whole host of different vitamins you can take depending on what, if any, issues you have. For example I started taking vitamin b6 last cycle to try and stop spotting before my period, I have no idea if it worked as I got my bfp at the weekend :)

You should definitely be taking 400mcg of folic acid as that is crucial for babies development in very early pregnancy. You may just want to get a good pre-pregnancy vitamin and that should contain the folic acid. Some ladies say pregnacare is very good but lots of people have problems with it. Seven Seas is another popular one.

Hopefully someone else will come along with a bit more advice.

Good luck!

I'm currently just taking a multivitamin, omega 3 & vitamin B complex - I'm trying to eat a lot of foods that contain essential vits too like kiwis, brazil nuts, flax seeds etc! Good luck xxx

There is a great thread on here about vits. Got work now but will check when I finish and bump it up x

Am just taking a multivitamin atm. Mostly as a safeguard and for folic acid as I've had super hectic few months and don't always get time for proper healthy meals. Might try a conception specific one when it runs out but I doubt there is really that much between them!

I agree with you Lotti, I stopped taking my conception multivit as everything in them I was getting from my normal multivit or from what I was eating.. they don't contain anything that you can't get from cheaper normal vits.

I think the only thing to be aware of with regular multivitamins is the amount of vitamin a in them as you need to limit vit a when pregnant. I don't know what the correct levels are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back