Help with temping pls. Have I got it all wrong!?

FloBo

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I am 33 and we have been TTC for 6 months, 1st time trying for baby no.1 (I know 6 months is not that long) - we are desperate to get pregnant for us as a couple but also because my darling Mum (57) is really ill in a hospice and our family is due some joy believe me.

We started off no monitoring and last 2 months I have OPK'd and temp recorded.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me from the pic below when they think I might have ovulated, I am starting to think I got it all wrong! I thought I might have on CD17 (don't get date confused it's top line, I'm sure you all know that actually!!) but might have been later on CD20 in which case we didn't BD at best time. My LH was CD15/16. I have PCO (not PCOS) and wondering if I might not actually be ovulating. Tho my LH has been only 2 days not more so that's good I suppose, I know some PCO ladies get LH readings often.

Any help would REALLY be appreciated, thank you in advance :)

Good luck to everyone else out there!

Flo Xx

293zsci.jpg

Last edited:
Hi ladies

I am 33 and we have been TTC for 6 months (I know that is not that long) - we are desperate to get pregnant for us as a couple but also because my darling Mum is really ill in a care home and our family is due some joy believe me.

We started off no monitoring and last 2 months I have OPK'd and temp recorded.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me from the pic below when they think I might have ovulated, I am starting to think I got it all wrong! I thought I might have on CD17 (don't get date confused it's top line, I'm sure you all know that actually!!) but might have been later on CD20 in which case we didn't BD at best time. My LH was CD15/16. I have PCO (not PCOS) and wondering if I might not actually be ovulating. Tho my LH has been only 2 days not more so that's good I suppose, I know some PCO ladies get LH readings often.

Any help would REALLY be appreciated, thank you in advance :)

Good luck to everyone else out there!

Flo Xx

293zsci.jpg

Good luck with it, my parents health is a worry for me too and I am 34 (parents are in their 70s) so I understand how you are feeling. I am struggling with the temping, mine seems to be quite erratic and I dont know where I am so sorry I cant be any help lol. I am on CD31 and still no positive OPK :/

It's so hard isn't it. Really hope you have some good news soon and get your +'ve OPK. I think I might need to buy a better thermo as its erratic too! I stupidly went into the whole TTC process thinking it would happen straight away but it's been so eye opening since it hasn't and all the reading I have done on other ladies struggling. It's not easy! Best of luck to you Xx

I would say you ov'd cd 16 x

It's so hard isn't it. Really hope you have some good news soon and get your +'ve OPK. I think I might need to buy a better thermo as its erratic too! I stupidly went into the whole TTC process thinking it would happen straight away but it's been so eye opening since it hasn't and all the reading I have done on other ladies struggling. It's not easy! Best of luck to you Xx

Good luck to you too. It really is surprising the amount of planning and hard work that goes into getting pregnant, staying pregnant and delivering a (hopefully) healthy child. This is the first time we have TTC after being married 2 years the time was never 'right' and we decided its never going to be right so why delay an already long process. Which thermo do you have? I got a basal thermo from ebay for about £4 but I have no idea how good it actually is! Given that my first attempt this morning had me down at 46.64 and I am not in hospital half dead we can assume thats incorrect! xx

Ditto scn good luck Hun looks like your timing was spot on :) xxx

I agree with the others. I'm not sure what app you're using but I use Fertility Friend and it's quite good at pinpointing ovulation.

Good luck. Xxx I understand why you want to get pregnant soon Xxx

Sparklegirl - my thermometer was about that price from Babymad on Amazon. Mine seem right. Xx

I agree with the others. I'm not sure what app you're using but I use Fertility Friend and it's quite good at pinpointing ovulation.

Good luck. Xxx I understand why you want to get pregnant soon Xxx

Sparklegirl - my thermometer was about that price from Babymad on Amazon. Mine seem right. Xx

I have a feeling its not the thermo but the fact I cant get 3hrs straight sleep without moving so the results are skewed for me which is a shame its nto as helpful as I had hoped xx

Thanks so much everyone :) well, if my timing was ok must just keep on going! Very helpful to get your opinions, I stare and analyse it so much I start to question myself. Must chill.

Sparklegirl - we were exactly the same. Married for 2 years and changing jobs, concerned about money and we just decided the same as you, when is the right time. But pleased I'm on the journey now. I bought a BBT thermo from Amazon which was similar price - think you Defo might need to buy a new one (maybe go to a high street pharmacy and get a recommendation?) - that's a high temp, it must be wrong! Do you usually have regular cycles, is this a one off? My one before last was 39 then one just gone was back to 28. Frustrating

Xx

Thanks so much everyone :) well, if my timing was ok must just keep on going! Very helpful to get your opinions, I stare and analyse it so much I start to question myself. Must chill.

Sparklegirl - we were exactly the same. Married for 2 years and changing jobs, concerned about money and we just decided the same as you, when is the right time. But pleased I'm on the journey now. I bought a BBT thermo from Amazon which was similar price - think you Defo might need to buy a new one (maybe go to a high street pharmacy and get a recommendation?) - that's a high temp, it must be wrong! Do you usually have regular cycles, is this a one off? My one before last was 39 then one just gone was back to 28. Frustrating

Xx

Job is a big thing for me, I have had my contract extended which is great but obviously I am worried what pregnancy will mean for the future of the job. I need it and love it but if I wait until the end of the contract to start trying, it might get extended again then thats more years to wait. Had to do like you and just go for it and hope for the best. We cant put off the prospect of a baby just for money or we will never be happy.

I dont think its the thermos fault, it is just how I am so whatever I use I will still get bad readings. Oh I am with you on that, I can go from 9 days between periods to 35, 47 or even 78 so I just have to see what it wants to do really. I am CD31 now so guessing this will be a long cycle xx

I would say you have ovulated about CD 16, so looking at your chart looks like you have covered yourself dont worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back