Help with medication.....

Sassyjane

Reaction score
CJ has been put on domperidone 4 times a day, and I have to syringe it in (I have been advised not to mix in his bottle) the problem is he spits medicine (even calpol the strange boy) back out, does anyone have any tips/hints to help?

Tired Mummy to Colby Jacques born 4/2/2013

I posted similar the other day as my son will not take anything not in a bottle and I spent the day having calpol spat all over me. Thread was called alternatives for calpol or something similar.

I have to syringe Effie's meds in and I lay her down in front of me, get her to smile and go straight for the back of her cheek. Apparently this makes it much more difficult to spit out...and it works most days!!

Yep just as blondy said. We have had to give meds from 4 weeks and she hated it to start but now smacks her lips and says yum yum. They soon get used to it. Xx

tapatalking

Aaron gets 3ml of domperidone 3 times a day and a couple of other mess too

My tried and tested method is to lay him back and put it to e back and side of the mouth , put a little in and let home swallow then repeat.

Sometimes he still manages to spit it out, but not often

It needs to be away from the tongue to stop them from spitting it out

Thanx ladies, that's what I've been doing syringing it into his cheek at the back, but I swear he is cleverer than me, these kids! Lol! X

Thanx ladies, that's what I've been doing syringing it into his cheek at the back, but I swear he is cleverer than me, these kids! Lol! X

When Aaron manages to spit his out I swear he smirks at me!

My poor little CJ!

When I used to have to give E her iron and folic acid I'd syringe it in the cheek then blow a little in her mouth as that would make her gulp. That way she wouldn't choke nor would she spit it out. Before I discovered that technique almost all her clothes were stained red from the iron!

E and I send big hugs and kisses to CJ!
Xxx

Cj does the same tweety, after he has screamed at me for making him take it, it must taste vile (I know the ranitidine does, he really doesn't like that)

Big hugs and kisses back to my little E and Auntie Bee from me and CJ xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back