help with feeding AJ

leannesxb

Reaction score
Hi ladies

As you know AJ has muscle problems etc and still has his hands in fists most of the time unless you prise his fists open and put something in them and then he will open his hands and drop whatever you had spent the past 5 mins putting in there. I am struggling moving on with the weaning. He has totally got the hang of his baby porridge and purees but as I try and move him on he is constantly gagging on anything more than purees and I can't get him to have finger food to teach him to chew (or to help with his teething)! Any advice welcome ladies. Thanks. xxxxx

Leanne does he have a certain musculopathy? As some of those come with feeding problems and you have to stay on purées for long long time.

Albert still gags too chick on most things other than purees. Its a defence mechanism to stop them swallowing stuff they shouldn't, it might be more pronounced in AJ. Hopefully you'll get answers very soon xxxxxxxx

Leanne I don't know much about this but is he interested if you leave food on his highchair tray? Was just wondering if you gave him a few sticks of carrots or b rocolli (like BLW) but just left them on his tray, it might encourage him to have a go at picking them up?

Slightly different but i know Torino said Tilly chops has come on leaps and bounds with her poorly arm/shoulder since she started weaning

he doesn't seem very interested at anything left on his tray or put in front of him to be honest and even gets very frustrated at toys within a few minutes because he can't play with them or pick them up.

We are still waiting (6 weeks later!) for the MRI so have no diagnosise if there is any to help us work out what to do!

He is messing with his milk again to at the mo and will only take a few ounces at a time but grunts and groans all the way through it. He seems so grumpy and miserable at the mo. I know hes teething but am worried.

Hey leanne I didn't realise AJ had muscle problems I must have missed your updates on here. How about asking the GP for help when it comes to feeding?? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back