Help with downs results PAPP-A

Loubalouba

Reaction score
Hi ladies I am a bit worried about my downs test results and wondered if you wouldn't mind sharing some of your results with me.. Basically my downs test came back as low risk, which is great but my risk is 1/420 which is a lot higher I think than Harrison's (my little boy who was stillborn at 36 weeks:() but what is bothering me more is the PAPP-A result, I know this is an indication of placenta function so obviously after Harrison (he died because my placenta was very small and failed) I am nervous about this.. Now my result us 0.53 MoM which I have read that 1.00 is average and so we are below average but it looks like you are not at risk unless it is below 0.42.. So obviously we are close to that but not below it which is good.. Just wondering what everyone's else was? I wish I had my maternity notes from Harrison to compare it! Xx

Hi, I don't have any answers but are maternity notes stored somewhere/recorded so you can discuss concerns with your midwife? I know all mine were hand written but I would have thought that with you having had a still birth (so sorry to hear that) they may keep things on file somewhere? Hope you get some answers to your questions.

I got told since 2009 is they are stored. Me and my mwife have children in the same class my son was Dec 2008 and not stores her son i's April 2009 and is stored lol :doh:

hI hun I've just looked at mine it says individual risk at term of downs 1 in 4824 and my papp-a is 0.99? doesn't mean much to me though!

Your papp-a is very close to the average value nikki x they do it in sorta a standard deviation form is. Where 1 i's the bang on muddle 0.X is lower than norm 1.X is higher than norm but anything over 0.5 is normal anything below 0.4 is "cause for concern"

I'd hope that you'd be offered regular scans to keep an eye on growth and placental function given your history. Have you seen your obstetrician yet?

Hi lovely here's my results. I'm concerned about my Edwards/patau results tbh. My Papp a is 0.57 x

Attachments

• IMG_2981.jpg
    IMG_2981.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 32
Your results are fine anything above 0.5 has no increased risk than if you received a score or 1. (1 would be the medium number of the population)

Thank you everyone xx adebee I felt like that about my downs 1/420 and PAPP-A but we are classed as low risk so we must be ok! These tests are never full proof anyway are they.. But my friend had a baby with Edwards or patau - can't remember which and it was obvious from her 12 week scan so I think there would be more signs on your scan.. They take age and previous pregnancies into account to calculate risk so I think it is just a calculation.

We have a detailed scan on the 1st December with the consultant so hoping to feel reassured then, I think they will be looking at the placenta function at each scan so hopefully anything should be picked up quickly.

I feel better about the results now

Lou X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back