Help with dates?

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by Melb31, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Melb31

Melb31 Member

Hi, I don't know much about ovulation dates etc so if anyone could help it would be great! I finished my last period on the 8th Dec. If I have conceived it would have happened on the 9th or 11th Dec. How likely am i to be pregnant based on the dates? I have been nauseous for a few days (until today, just really tired and emotional today ). I took a test and it was negative but I guess it was way too early. Any help would be greatly appreciated! (If I am pregnant, I want to be doing all the right things!)

2. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

Usually, with a regular cycle, you have to count 14 days from the first day of your period for ovulation.

So let's say if your period started on the 1st of December, you will ovulate on the 14th and then your next period will be due on the 28th.

So it's very unlikely you conceived the day after the end of your period. Unless your period lasts around 14 days. But if your cycle is extremely short, then it can happen that women ovulate earlier.
    When did your last period start?

3. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

Hi, it does depend how long your cycle is. The standard 28 days (although I don't know many who fit this) means you would ovulate around day 14. Day 1 is the 1st day of your last period. For example if your period started on the 1st of December you would ovulate around day 14 which means your fertile window would be about the 10th-18th December. If you have a different length cycle mine are usually 36 I usually ovulate around day 22. So if your cycles are longer I tend to calculate 14 days back then 4 either side! God I think I have confused myself!!! I have downloaded a free app called clue just helps me track my period . Fingers crossed the symptoms are because of a BFP x

4. Melb31

Melb31 Member

Last period started on the 2nd December. So 14 days after would be the 16th. So very unlikely?

5. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

Yes that is if you have a regular 28day cycle. Did you see any ewcm?

6. Melb31

Melb31 Member

What's that?

7. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

Egg White Cervical Mucus. It's most prominent around your ovulation day. I usually had it 2-3 days before and 2-3 days after ovulation. It's the most fertile mucus. If you look it up on Google, you will find lots of info on your cycle too.

8. Melb31

Melb31 Member

Thanks, I don't think I noticed it at the time. There is some now. I have been nauseous on and off for a week now. Iso it still too early to test?

9. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

When is your period due?

10. Melb31

Melb31 Member

The 2nd of Jan

11. Melb31

Melb31 Member

I'm having period like symptoms today though. A little cramping, tired, my mood is up and down, bloated. But no nausea today, yesterday I was very sick until around 6pm then I felt fine and hungry! I think i'meet imagining it :-(

12. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

I'd wait till my period is due to test. Are you actively TTC?

13. Melb31

Melb31 Member

No but quite excited at the prospect!