Help with clothing names

MrsP513

Reaction score
Hi all. First time mum due in august and getting confused by what I need and different names.

Like baby grow, romper, sleep suit, vest and body suit.

When do they wear them, are they interchangeable or have the same name. Also does a baby grow go under clothing, like I have a few trousers and stuff.

Read I need a lot of babygrows but when I just look online at shops they don’t seem to name them that. Sorry if this seems obvious

Baby grows and sleep suits are the same thing - they are all in ones with arms, legs and feet and usually built in scratch mittens for newborn sizes. In my experience this is what baby wears most when first born as they're comfy for baby and easy for changing nappies etc. You wouldn't put these under anything because they're complete in themselves. Vests are just like a body, with poppers to do up underneath and no arms or legs - these are useful for going under sleep suits if it's cold or with a pair or leggings it trousers over the top. You can also get long sleeved vests if it's too cold for baby to have bare arms and I found these really useful as baby got a bit bigger to go under clothes rather than tops because they don't ride up so keep baby's tummy and back covered. Body suits are the same as vests - either short or long sleeved. Rompers tend to be more like dungarees so you'd need a body suit underneath.
I hope that helps xx

Baby grows and sleep suits are the same thing - they are all in ones with arms, legs and feet and usually built in scratch mittens for newborn sizes. In my experience this is what baby wears most when first born as they're comfy for baby and easy for changing nappies etc. You wouldn't put these under anything because they're complete in themselves. Vests are just like a body, with poppers to do up underneath and no arms or legs - these are useful for going under sleep suits if it's cold or with a pair or leggings it trousers over the top. You can also get long sleeved vests if it's too cold for baby to have bare arms and I found these really useful as baby got a bit bigger to go under clothes rather than tops because they don't ride up so keep baby's tummy and back covered. Body suits are the same as vests - either short or long sleeved. Rompers tend to be more like dungarees so you'd need a body suit underneath.
I hope that helps xx
Thank you for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back