Help wife's having migraines

Steveohim

Reaction score
My wife suffers from terrible migraines and really needs to take something. Paracetamol and codeine are not even touching it

Any suggestions?

I'd call NHS direct for advice.. In the meantime cold compresses on her head (they sell branded ones - kooleze I think?)

Call your GP, it's possible they will prescribe something else and monitor her. They always weigh the risks of the mother against the risk of baby and sometimes the mother being ill will do a lot to tip the balance, since that isn't good for the baby. They might also suggest alternative therapies, like for example acupuncture, which has a very good chance of helping with migraine and headaches.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Best of luck with the harmony test. I'm sure all will be fine. Keep us posted.

Went fine all ok, it's a boy. She has another migraine. Can she take migralieve?

Poor thing :( I believe others have but i'd ring and check if it were me.. If your GP is a pain to get through to then try ringing a pharmacist as they are usually very helpful. Hope she feels better soon and congrats on your test results!

The best thing I found for the pregnancy migraines was just lying down with a migraine cooling strip on my head, painkillers just didn't touch them xx
Glad all went well with the harmony and congrats on a boy xx

Sleep. I think you're not allowed anything stronger. I had to cut down my hours because I was terrorised with them every other day and all I could do was sleep it off and yes them cooling strips are a relief. They might feel like they don't do much but the minute you take them off during a migraine it's awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back