HELP! Vomiting...

Rachaellius

Reaction score
I'm really worried about Phoebe. She's had a really terrible day. She woke up at 10am this morning and wouldnt settle again until 2.30pm when I finally managed to have something to eat and a shower.

But she keeps being sick she has been sick 4 times today and there has been loads of it everytime. She cried for nearly 2 solid hours today. I tried everything...rubbing her back and tummy, a warm bath, walking about with her, cooled boiled water. She's also been on infacol for about a week because she's been really coliccy.

My OH went back to work today aswell and I just haven't coped at all today. I've spent most of the day in tears not knowing what to do and desperatly trying everything! My sister has been here too but she doesnt know much about babies so hasnt really been able to settle her.

What do you think could be causing the sickness, she's had sickness before but never as bad as today I mean it was projectile. The midwife is coming tomorrow but I find her pretty useless to be honest. All she keeps saying to me is she gets everything she needs from milk and doesnt need water or infacol etc. Oh and she is putting on weight too she's 2 weeks old today and is 4oz above her birth weight.

Help!?

xxx

Hey rach, don't have any advice sorry Hun but just wanted to send u a hug :hugs: I would have been in tears all day too :cry:

My midwife gave me a number to call, it's a 24 hour midwife line, do u not have anything like that? Xxx

I was told to call NHS direct out of hours :/, she's asleep now so I don't know whether to just wait for the midwife to come tomorrow. I really hope she has a good night tonight, I'm exhausted xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

:hugs:

Im sure she's absolutely fine.

Normally after birth the baby is drowsy & sleepy for a few days then the chaos begins with the constant crying ect.

Mines is 8 weeks old this week & the last 2 days he's cryed for 3 hours straight each day, & every day I dont get a wash or a shower til he goes to bed at 8pm. Its 12pm & i've not eaten for 12 hours.

Sometimes they just cry for no reason at all - for hours

:hugs:

My LO had days when he would puke a cpl of times a day, i'd say keep an eye on the puke side of things tho - might be a reflux thing if it happens alot each day

xxxx

This is a bit of a random shot in the dark here - but my little cousin used to projectile vomit a lot - and they discovered it was stuff in the water, found out by accident when they went to spain and used bottled water to make up her bottles.

very random - and prob not helpful - but thought i'd share just in case!!

xxx

It could be the colic that is making her vomit a lot if she has trapped wind it happened to me when my Phoebe was the same age and now this will sound stupid it was because I was letting the bottle slip so the teat wasn't full with milk and a bit of air was getting in there! My mum was the one who spotted my mistake I hadn't notcied I was doing it!

Hope Phoebe is ok for you today! Ad I'm sure your coping fine its horrible when you don't know what's wrong :hugs:

Hey hun, how is lo today?

It could be reflux in which infacol probably wouldn't help, hope lo is better today :hug:

She has a lot of problems getting up her wind cos she always falls asleep during her feed or whilst being winded :roll: she was sick once over night but only a tiny amount. Didn't let me get much sleep though she woke at 4 for a feed and didnt go back to sleep until 6am :(
Just waiting for midwife to come now she said she'd come anytime between 9am - 5pm!!! Xx

It could be the colic that is making her vomit a lot if she has trapped wind it happened to me when my Phoebe was the same age and now this will sound stupid it was because I was letting the bottle slip so the teat wasn't full with milk and a bit of air was getting in there! My mum was the one who spotted my mistake I hadn't notcied I was doing it!

Hope Phoebe is ok for you today! Ad I'm sure your coping fine its horrible when you don't know what's wrong :hugs:

Aww another little Phoebe :) I was doing the same with the air in the teet and my mom pointed it out to me too last week so I have been trying to make sure there's no air in it since. I think the winding is defo the main part of the problem :/ xx

:hugs: you must be shattered you poor thing, i hope MW can help you out hun

Hey hun I had the same with my Stanley :) Have you tried colief instead of infacol? Its expensive, 11.99 for a tiny bottle but it really works. Sometimes the babies find it difficult to break down stuff in the milk, colief does it for them.

It's horrible it really is...if colief doesnt work mabe it is reflux??

Ive changed Stanley onto comfort milk which is also thicker so they dont take as much air which helps with the wind!!

Also another thing that helps with Stanley is giving him a nice warm bath and rubbing his tummy :) he sometimes gets a bit clogged up and upset but the warm baths help him relax.

Hope this helps hun...Im on FB if you want to chat a bit more xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back