Help! Ttc after miscarriage - advice needed

Oliviasmommy

Reaction score
Hi all! I’m back after having my second miscarriage. The first one was a blighted ovum around 6 weeks in July that was medically managed and it took until September to have my cycle again. We immediately started ttc that cycle and I got pregnant again, only to miscarry again (after having a heart beat) around 7 weeks and I finally passed all the tissue and had a negative test and had my cycle right after Christmas. I’m debating on ttc again right after my next cycle which should be any time now or if I should wait one more just from being pregnant twice in the matter of 6 months and miscarrying twice and how long it took to pass everything and what my body has been through... but I also feel like time is ticking and I believe you’re supposed to be more fertile after a miscarriage. Ugh not sure what to do!

After my first miscarriage at 5 weeks we ttc straight away for those very reasons. This resulted in a second mc at 10 weeks after hearing heartbeat at 7. I sadly contracted sepsis from retained tissue and needed medical intervention also. After all my body had been through I decided to wait a few cycles and I'm so glad I did as I was pregnant straight away when ttc the 3rd time and carried to term perfectly with no problems. He's now 7 months old and asleep in my arms right now. I think letting my body rest was absolutely the right choice as I felt ready after a few cycles.

I had a mmc after hearing heartbeat. I waited one cycle and so far things are going good. I've had a scan and baby has grew more this time before heart stopped I know anything could still happen but being positive. Do what u feel is right x

I read my reply again and I hope it didn't come across as telling you what to do. As TTC no2 has said it is absolutely your choice to do what you feel is right. For me waiting made me feel like I had given my body the best chance at starting fresh and ready to try again but you may feel that you are completely ready. For me it was about making sure if it happened again that I didn't blame myself. You need to do what makes you comfortable and happy as it can be a very stressful time. Good luck and lots of dust to you x

I read my reply again and I hope it didn't come across as telling you what to do. As TTC no2 has said it is absolutely your choice to do what you feel is right. For me waiting made me feel like I had given my body the best chance at starting fresh and ready to try again but you may feel that you are completely ready. For me it was about making sure if it happened again that I didn't blame myself. You need to do what makes you comfortable and happy as it can be a very stressful time. Good luck and lots of dust to you x

No I totally didn’t think that. Part of me has wondered if my body needed more time and should of waited. I want to avoid it happening again if possible... I have one child who will be 7 this month but she is from an previous relationship. So we were wondering is it a fluke, did we not wait long enough or is something else going on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back