Help?! Too much pain :'(

LouiseH

Reaction score
Basically I've had SPD since about 21/22 weeks..
Started to get worse at 24 weeks so MW referred me to Physio, also advised me to do a self referral. So I did.. Had a telephone appointment a few days layter and was told I'd get a call with an appointment to see her soon.

I've basically chased this appointment on a weekly basis since then. To be told things like.. 'Yes we'll get to you.', 'We'll send you one as soon as possible.' And then even stuff like.. 'You not our only patient you know?!' - Pfttttt! :shock:

Since 24 weeks the pain has been agonising and getting severely worse :( I'm now 35+4.. Andd most days I can't get out of bed.. My OH has to help me. Once I'm eventually down the stairs, I've then got to litterally plan my toilet trips upstairs 15 mins before I need to go cause it takes so long for me to struggle up the stairs. I'm house bound most days, and the days where its not so bad I can only manage 30/45mins and then I'm crippled in pain!!! And then the rest of the day I struggle to move at all :(

And now the pains so bad I spend a lot of the day teary eyed and crying. And the pains so bad that my hips are giving way and I'm struggling to keep upright.

I'm so scared incase when they go that I might completely fall (which I have done before) and land on / hurt my baby :(

I'm seeing the consultant tomorrow after my growth scan. Do you think if I mention this to him there might be something he can do?? Do you think they'd possibley consider inducing me at 37 weeks or something? I mean the babies measuring small, and had reduced movements too. Not to mention ketones in my wee, strep b, pins & needles & cramp in my right leg (along with protien in my wee - so they thought possible pre acclampsyia - waiting for results from this as this was only done last week)

I mean I have eventually been given an appointment for physio (next Tuesday 28th) But in reality, that's going to do piss all? There guna want me to do exercises. But I can barely move about anymore, so its guna be basically impoissible to do them! Whereas if I'd been given my appointment at 24 weeks.. If of been able to do something by now? Maybe not avoid it all together, but maybe it wouldn't be so painful now? If you get me?

xxxx

I think it seems ridiculous that you've had to wait so long for an appointment and its awful how much pain you're in.

I'd definitely speak to the consultant tomorrow and say it exactly how it is- and I would mention the earlier induction, it can't hurt to ask.

Sounds like you're having a really rough old time of it x

oh hun i feel for u so much i was feeling so sorry for my self untill reading this i have spd too and in agony i can how ever get up and downstairs but uncomfy unlike you thats just terrible they should induce u i cant see why they wouldnt my mw said if it gets worse they will induce so ling as babys a good weight in the growth scan if it gets worse i have a friend who was on crutches and wheelchair bound the last 5 weeks of her pregnancy and they induced only 3 days early :( :wall2::wall2:
i hope to god they help you and induce u early it sucks :( Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww bless you! That's awful they've made you wait this long!! I agree its worth mentioning it tomorrow and you can be induced when its that severe I know someone that was and I've seen it on a few documentaries xx

I think it all depends on your hospital policy tbh! I had a chromosome disorder, recurrent reduced movements, severe anxiety attacks, strep b, weekly monitoring for blood pressure, protein and keytones in urine and high hormone levels indicating placenta failure and they wouldn't induce as I was having weekly scans so they were monitoring closely.

I would ask for crutches or a wheelchair at your physio appt hopefully xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back