Help... tips and advice or even success stories needed!

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Hi girls I need help!

Sebastian was breastfed for the full first week. His latch was good, my pain had eased.. (ish) and I was quite happy just gritting my teeth through the pain as I had told myself that its not forever. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice and easy I found it all. (I say easy meaning not having to bother with bottles). Anyway, then on day 7 he started to get very colicky. He would latch. .. I would grit my teeth through the initial latching pain for the first 5 mins..I knew it would ease after 5 minutes... but then he would get windy and unlatch... then relatch... then unlatch... and so forth... this went on for 70 minutes... After which I was in agony, bleeding and tearful. Next feed... the same thing happened again... then he decided to completely lose interest in feeding and went a full 9 hours with nothing. I panicked and gave him formula!!!! I was gutted as I really though id cracked it :(

Anyhow, I tried and tried to get him to latch properly after that and he was having none of it. My bf support workers loaned me a breast pump so for this full second week I've expressed as often and as much as I can...( very difficult with an 18 month old running around I must admit)! I bought fenugreek and I have seen an improvement with my milk supply, however I can still only manage to express 2/3 3oz bottles worth a day... the rest I have too top up with formula.

Basically im looking into a way to get him to re latch as at the moment he's not interested. My bf support worker has gone on holiday so I cant turn to her at the moment. Any help would be appreciated xxx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

are there any groups near you hun, we have lots and there are quite a few trained peer supporters from those that help out with issues. apart from that i dunno what to suggest, its all a horrid blur for me the first few weeks of combi feeding alysa were a painful hell i lived on painkillers and lansinoh, keep trying tho as its only pure stubborness that got me thru it. ask in breastfeeding section too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back