Help - sore lady bits

Discussion in 'Ask a Mum!' started by Kiagirl, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Kiagirl

Kiagirl Well-Known Member

Sorry if its TMI, I had my little girl a week ago and have been wearing pads since. I am now quite sore from wearing them.

I am still bleeding a little bit so need the pads. Is there anything I can use to soothe it?

I am seeing Dr on Friday but would love to soothe it before then.

Thanks in advance

2. HL28

HL28 Well-Known Member

I'm not a hundred percent but isn't tea tree oil good for that sort of thing? Maybe in a bath? Sorry I'd probably Google it and change sanitary towel make maybe? X

3. Chezza

Chezza Well-Known Member

Boots maternity pads are smooth and quite gentle.

I would recommend buying some teatree oil and lavender oil. Mix 8 drops of each with a tablespoon of milk - and add that to a nice warm bath - no bubbles though, just use the oil.

Hope you feel much better soon xxx

4. Dax

Dax Well-Known Member

I used tea tree oil in the bath! Not sure it helped, it was for stitches mainly but I had the soreness for a couple of weeks and have been fine the last few days, hopefully it wont last long for you xx

5. Angelone

Angelone Well-Known Member

After my deliveries I used tea tree and lavender oil in my bath and it was amazing for healing and relaxing :) x

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

6. ceebee

ceebee Well-Known Member

My mw suggested I have some pad free time and just use an old towel to lie on at night? Also you could use an ice block wrapped in a tea towel and put it on your sore bits to take the pain away a bit xx