Help...refusing bottle!!

SH88

Reaction score
My lg is 8 weeks old tomorrow and is ebf but I really want to introduce at least 1 bottle a day but she refuses to take a bottle. So far my husband has managed to give her 2oz of ebm but now she just screams.

Please can someone suggest how I can get my lg to take a bottle as I'm beginning to regret exclusively bf.

Thank you for any advice
Xx

I have never bf but when my little one had problems with her bottles it turned out it was the make of bottle so i switched to cheap ones and she is fine with them.

I've got a friend who introduced a bottle at the same sort of time. Her lg refused it point blank the first time, took a few ml a few days later and gradually built up to a whole feed over a few weeks. Our lb takes a bottle well but some days will refuse point blank anyway!

Just take it easy with the introduction of a bottle. Just put a tiny bit of EBM in and see what happens. Oliver would take a bottle from about 7 weeks and then went on to bottle strike until about a month ago (he is 6.5 months) Our mistake was not to keep trying and giving a bottle. Just keep at it, but if little one says no, then dont try and carry on getting her to take it. Good Luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back