Help! Problems with my 4yr old son

Corrinne37

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Some advice is very much needed on how to do discipline a not long turned 4 yr old who will just not do as he is told.

Latest problem is he constantly wants to go over to our neighbours house, either side it doesnt matter he just wants to be somewhere else that indoors and constantly keeps going on shouting at them through the fence, out of the windo constantly going on about going next door.

They dont even have any children!! Even at my mums house he would rather be at the old ladies next door!

I know he is just exploring and experimenting and its all new and different, but he just will not stop going on about it or haraessing them or us and will not do us he is told!!

Any advice welcome please? xx

Oh dear, my DS quite happily wanders into the neighbours houses too. Thankfully our neighbours both have kids around his age, but I don't like my mums neighbour at all so I'm not comfortable with that.
I'm not sure I have any advice though :( Do you have reward systems? They work really well with DS for now, I also set time limits, so even if he has gone and done his own thing I'll let him have up to five minutes so he has a warning that he has to come back. So difficult isn't it, especially with the nice weather you don't want to be staying in all day!

Hi Corinne :) I can't advise you as only have an 8 month old, but you're better off posting in the main baby and toddler section and you're more likely to get more responses there. Hope you get some help! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back