help please?

sarafet

Reaction score
hi guys.

the last couple of days i've had an aching pain in my right side, feels around where my kidney would be. it seems to hae gotten worse, i was sleeping there and it's woken me up, it's agony :cry:

it feels like the pain you get when you hold a pee in too long, except my bladder is empty :cry: it's excruciating :cry:

any ideas on what to do, or what it could be?

could be a water infection or kidney infection
i would get your wee checked hun
manda xx

it was checked earlier today at my appointment, i'm not sure what the midwife tests for though, suger and protein i think..

the pain dulls down when i lie on my right side :(

hmmm im not sure then hun maybe baby has got its foot down there and thats why it hurts.
i no sumtimes i cant lay a sertain way as baby is there and it aches just jumping about to get baby to move :)
manda xx

Could be a kidney infection? I reckon if that's what it is they'll tell you to drink loads of cranberry juice!

Always worth getting it checked out if it's causing you hassle xxx

i think the pain had gotten worse because i'd been sleeping and needed to pee, it was a shocking pain, like absolute agony, thought i was going to be sick :cry:

it's not as bad now, i just had another pee, but it's not painful and there's no blood. funny thing is, it's only on my right side the pain :roll:

i'll get some cranberry juice and i'm drinking lots of water just now.

Not sure what it could be sorry :(

Sometimes I get funny pains if I have been lying in one position too long.

Poor you :hug:

Is it worth mentioning this to your GP / midwife just to put your mind at rest? If it's worse than normal ligament pain it could be a kidney infection, although if your urine's been checked it seems unlikely.

I had quite severe pain just like you on my right side as I was sleeping on 26/27 December (so I was 22 weeks) and I was convinced it was a kidney infection because I've had one before... anyway it went away so I think it's just your body doing a load of growing.

Obviously if you're concerned speak to a medical professional though!!

Best of luck and I hope you feel better soon :hug:

thanks debecca :hug:

it just puzzled me because i've never felt this pain before during my pregnancy, the only way i can really describe it is when your holding in a pee too long :rotfl: it's like an aching you get in your sides, but it was 100x worse :(

it's dulled down a bit now though, fingers crossed, m/w knows and said to see GP next week if it's not away xxx

could be baby, i get bad pains when he kicks me and I remember the kidney/bladder shots

How our you feeling to day sarah???????
I hope the pains have gone!!!!!!
Ive had them myself the other day i was in tears with the pain if i didnt have a bump id have been doubled over with it. I was pantting at one point :?
But it was just my boy having a right good move around, every where HE moved he was shoving agianst my organs and stomach. I had the 21 week scan yesterday and baby is not only healthy he's a healthy size i am short so that equals more evident movements.
Agian hope you feel better soon :hug:

it's excruciating today :cry:

on the phone to nhs 24 just now :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27