Help please :(

Peppa123

Reaction score
Hi,
I came off the combined pill on my last day of my period (16 Jan). One week after this, i had very light brown spotting lasting a few days. It has now been 28 days since my last period and i haven't had another one yet. I took a pregnancy test the day after i was due and it came up as negative. Tomorrow i will be 5 days late, do i take another test or put this down to my periods not coming back since stopping the pill? Thanks

Take another test just to be sure but as you say it could just be your cycles trying to regulate after coming off the pill

Hi - when I came off the pill my ‘real’ period took 6 weeks to arrive.
It Can take a while for your body to adjust back to normal. Tbh I came off the pill in May 2018 and my periods still aren’t as regular as they use to be.
It’s just a case of waiting until AF arrives I am afraid x

Brown blood is old blood, so it could have just been your body 'clearing out' before finding a rhythm and beginning a new uninfluenced cycle. When you're on the pill, your body is being tricked into thinking it's constantly already pregnant, as such there can often be excessive womb lining that doesn't necessarily leave the body each month, especially if you don't have a week break on the pill each month. I would recommend either leaving it another week and testing, or buying a 6 day early test (First Response) if you can't stand the thought of waiting.

Hope you get the result you want :)

I had about 4-5 very random cycles after I came off the pill. Lasting around 40 days then next one was 31 then 44 ...
all came back to 30 days cycles but after 4-5 completely random cycles.

Just give your body some time :) saying that some people get pregnant straight when stopping the pill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back