Help please

BeckyR21

Reaction score
Here a little about my situation. Can anyone give me hope please
Long story short

When I was 16 I has my son who is now 6
Then I spent the next 3 years being on the depo shot injection. Then came off it on the 3rd year.. Then I met my partner and have been ttc #2 years I have saw a Dr and I found out I had chlamydia from a previous relationship (please no bashing I never knew I had it) so then I realised I would have had that for over 2 years. Anyways all cleared up and we since been back to Dr and was told I had an underachieve thyroid for the past 2 months I have been taking 50mg pills to control is today I will find out if I have to go up to 100mg or if it is under control
If it's not under control I will stop ttc till it is under control then plan my weight loss diet till I can ttc again I am 181kg (is my weight a problem)?
I do take vitamins and drink green tea :)
Has anyone els had an underachieve thyroid and been able to conceive?
Have you been on the depo injection and been able to conceive?
Also for the past 3 months before my thyroid was checked I used to get very faint positives. I got my hopes up then Af arrived :( this morning I got that same faint positive Yet Af due on 11th
I'm ready to count my self out. I just want a baby but feel I'm getting punished for things iv done?
Could I ask Dr about clomid. Does clomid actually work for people with thyroid problems?
Please I came on here to get support so please no hateful comments we are all adults here

If u can't help could u send me some baby dust I feel like I need some hope before I breakdown in tears :( xx

Ahhh hun. I don't have experience of thyroid problems but want to send baby dust anyway.
Fx for you xxx

Becky why would you think you were getting punished for things you've done? I can't see anything there from what you've said that you should be punished for, and even if you have - it doesn't work like that! !

The fact that you've successfully conceived and gone full term before is a good sign.

I can't help much on the thyroid front, although my mum's friend had that and still had two children.

On the depo front it's the devil but you can still conceive after it. I was on the depo before I got married. Came off it about 6/9 months before getting married and then it took a year and a half after getting married to conceive my first, although I did have a few chemicals and a miscarriage in that time (which I used to worry was due to the depo making me unable to carry, but that wasn't the case )

I think depo really messes up your cycles and can take a long time to get out of your system but it is definitely possible to get pregnant after it

It sounds like you are doing everything you can right now and at least the thyroid issue is hopefully getting dealt with. Some people get pregnant very quickly and others it can take a while for, but hopefully you will have your baby in the not too distant future.

No Idea on the clomid front but might be worth a conversation with your doc.

Sending lots of baby dust. Xxx

Becky why would you think you were getting punished for things you've done? I can't see anything there from what you've said that you should be punished for, and even if you have - it doesn't work like that! !

The fact that you've successfully conceived and gone full term before is a good sign.

I can't help much on the thyroid front, although my mum's friend had that and still had two children.

On the depo front it's the devil but you can still conceive after it. I was on the depo before I got married. Came off it about 6/9 months before getting married and then it took a year and a half after getting married to conceive my first, although I did have a few chemicals and a miscarriage in that time (which I used to worry was due to the depo making me unable to carry, but that wasn't the case )

I think depo really messes up your cycles and can take a long time to get out of your system but it is definitely possible to get pregnant after it

It sounds like you are doing everything you can right now and at least the thyroid issue is hopefully getting dealt with. Some people get pregnant very quickly and others it can take a while for, but hopefully you will have your baby in the not too distant future.

No Idea on the clomid front but might be worth a conversation with your doc.

Sending lots of baby dust. Xxx
Thank you for your reply was really useful
When I was younger I was careless and did stupid things now I feel that because I want to extend my family that the life choices I did back then has made it difficult for me to conceive this time round 6 years is a long time and so much can happen in this time. I was at Dr's today and he was useless. I can't change Dr due to it being a small business practice but I feel like they have gotten their qualifications off the back of a cereal box
I want more tests / start scabs ect. But nothing just more urine samples. He was more concerned with my back pain than the ttc side.. I'm so emotional today still in my 2ww and already ready to give up. I think I'm a little angry with my self so I'm sorry for having a rant :( xx

You don't need to apologise - ttc is so hard and we all need the odd rant. You are not alone though - and I am sure you will get your bfp at some point. The 2ww is awful and it's a roller coaster emotions wise. Is there another doctors practice you could go to? Xxx

Sorry I can't help with depo injections or thyroid issues but just wanted to send a virtual hug. Don't beat yourself up over what happened in the past, the chlamydia was sorted and you've been working on the thyroid issue so these are positive things. The dr may be more interested in other things because perhaps they are affecting the thyroid issue? I really don't know.

Weight is a big issue in the fertility side of things, when you start seeing Drs about treatment and tests they usually mention that weight can be a factor and if your BMI is over 30, you are not eligible for treatment as it needs to be under 30. I had the same problem and I was told to lose weight. Thyroid issues can affect weight loss and make it harder to lose weight so that's something you'd have to discuss with your doctor. My GP was rubbish, we went through a huge palaver trying to start investigations for treatment and ended up moving surgeries and were on our way in no time. If your GP is not doing their job etc then perhaps think about moving practices.

Perhaps ask on LTTTC if anyone knows about under active thyroid issues etc.

You don't need to apologise - ttc is so hard and we all need the odd rant. You are not alone though - and I am sure you will get your bfp at some point. The 2ww is awful and it's a roller coaster emotions wise. Is there another doctors practice you could go to? Xxx
Iv mentioned to my partner about changing but because I'm in the catchment area for my practice (doctors) I can't change unless I move house. Ordered them to take my blood again and test it for everything so getting that done tomorrow afternoon. I know I'm not alone. Everyone is at different stages of ttc my heart goes out the ladies who have been ttc longer than me. Iv been on this forum for 2-3 days and iv had more support on here than I have on my ttc group on Facebook
I wish you all the baby dust and luck

Sorry I can't help with depo injections or thyroid issues but just wanted to send a virtual hug. Don't beat yourself up over what happened in the past, the chlamydia was sorted and you've been working on the thyroid issue so these are positive things. The dr may be more interested in other things because perhaps they are affecting the thyroid issue? I really don't know.

Weight is a big issue in the fertility side of things, when you start seeing Drs about treatment and tests they usually mention that weight can be a factor and if your BMI is over 30, you are not eligible for treatment as it needs to be under 30. I had the same problem and I was told to lose weight. Thyroid issues can affect weight loss and make it harder to lose weight so that's something you'd have to discuss with your doctor. My GP was rubbish, we went through a huge palaver trying to start investigations for treatment and ended up moving surgeries and were on our way in no time. If your GP is not doing their job etc then perhaps think about moving practices.

What's LTTTC? Please
Also iv been on the thyroid pills for 2-3 months I got weighed before I start and I was 92kg so iv lost weight woth being on the pills iv dropped down to 81kg that was last week anyways not weighed my self since
He classed the pain I was having down to ovulation but this is thw first time it has been really bad. I actually thought it was pregnancy symptoms iv had these pains and cramps since 2dpo I am now 11dpo. Tested this morning. Nothing yet got a faint positive with fmu yesterday morning. My body is evil with getting my hopes up like that :( can't move GP till I move house as I'm in the catchment area for mine and no one els will take me till I move :(

Thank you for the virtual hug hunnie :)

Iv mentioned to my partner about changing but because I'm in the catchment area for my practice (doctors) I can't change unless I move house. Ordered them to take my blood again and test it for everything so getting that done tomorrow afternoon. I know I'm not alone. Everyone is at different stages of ttc my heart goes out the ladies who have been ttc longer than me. Iv been on this forum for 2-3 days and iv had more support on here than I have on my ttc group on Facebook
I wish you all the baby dust and luck

I've found this forum a huge source of support, both when ttc my first and now with my second. Hopefully you will start getting some answers xxx

If you're getting a faint positive, that's a positive!! Unless you're on any meds that can affect hcg levels?

Do you have a photo of the test?

Also, well done on your weight loss! :) losing weight is so hard, even harder with thyroid problems but it does help when ttc.

LTTTC is a sub forum on here called long term trying to conceive, it's for those who've been trying over a year and are now on the road to treatment or finding out more. So I wondered if you would find more advice there as someone may have similar experiences with thyroid issues. As for the test, I would wait a couple of days and re test with fmu. If it was a definite positive that you got yesterday then it should be a bit darker in a couple of days.

What about getting a blood test or something done privately? You'd have to pay for the test but it might give you the answers you want?

If you're getting a faint positive, that's a positive!! Unless you're on any meds that can affect hcg levels?

Do you have a photo of the test?

Also, well done on your weight loss! :) losing weight is so hard, even harder with thyroid problems but it does help when ttc.
These are the test I got it tweaked on this forum
bf31be097db641794c43a4924e8229f5.jpg

84efed3a4412e46b368cdacde41d6f6d.jpg

Ahh the Internet cheapie tests. I remember those from way back when we started TTC as well lol. Used to buy packs of 50 to get me through one cycle lol. But in my defence, my cycles were between 70-100+ days long so I had a lot of time to POAS lol.

They are notorious for evap lines so if you think there's a line, wait a couple of days and retest but with a proper branded test like first response. A digital test won't be sensitive enough early on.

I can't say I see anything on your photo but that's why I'd do another test. Like I said before, if it was a definite positive then it would be darker. X

Done a clearblue this morning and nothing. That's me done I know I'm out now
e416cc8e394547b1a056590d5ff6f8ea.jpg
72c948a39771b4166b4fc453c1ce039c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back