Help please?:-)

bbee

Reaction score
It mine and my boyfriends year Anniversary next Saturday and he's taking me out somewhere really posh! I looked at the menu and was a bit shocked because I have no idea what any of it is!!! It's usually just fish fingers and chips for me so this just looks a little crazy but it's a beautiful reastaurant and I can't wait to go. So here's the menu

35 Day Dry Aged Roast Rib of Beef, Bone Marrow Mash, Salt Baked Roscoff Onions, Morels and Red Wine Sauce - £25.00
Wild Fillet of Turbot, Spring Vegetables, Wild Garlic, Mussels and Saffron - £19.50
Roast Rump and Saddle of Lincolnshire Lamb, Salsa Verdi, Peas, Wild Garlic, Confit Potato. - £21.00
Fillet of Sea Reared Trout, Chorizo, Squid and Borlotti Beans, Red Pepper Veloute. - £17.50
Roscoff Onion Broth, Berkswell Tortellini, Sorrel and Radish Salad - £14.95

Help me out please ladies! What would you have? And what's safe for baby?! I don't mind what I have Aslong as baby will enjoy it too! Thanks, help will be much appreciated!:)xxxx

I would go for the lamb...sounds delish! My second pic would be the tortellini with onion broth.

Congrats on the anniversary, I hope you guys have a great time :D

Last edited:
Hey, menu looks lovely!

It's a tricky one (depending on how you eat you meat - that sounds rude lol)

If I was having as steak I would want med/ rare and like my lamb pink, so both of these would be ruled out as they say rare / bloody meat should be avoided - but if you eat meat well done they would both be fine.

I would probably also avoid chorizo ( which is fermented, with a starter culture added) - some places say to avoid fermented meats / air dried hams, others say its ok, so personal choice.

The Berskwell tortellini ( cheese pasta) - Berkswell cheese uses unpasteurised milk which they don't recommend.

So I was going to say turbot and mussels ..... But I don't like mussels ..... And some places say avoid seafood.

....... McDonald's lol ( its not easy is it!!)

That's one fancy restaurant! Lucky you! :)

I'd go for the lamb, but that's only because I'm allergic to seafood and not sure about the bone marrow mash! I'm not sure about the info about eating rare meats that are safe to eat rare. That's really confused me this time round. Obviously chicken, turkey and pork are dangerous to eat rare always, but beef and lamb are safe to eat rare when you're not pregnant. Just had a quick look on NHS Choices - apparently rare beef and lamb were ok but a food safety committee is looking into the issue of toxoplasmosis (infection that can damage your baby). Hmm, I'd probably go for lamb well cooked!!!

EDIT: chorizo is not on the NHS list of foods to avoid, but like with the above, the FSA are looking into toxoplasmosis risk. I had a load of chorizo on Saturday. It was yummy.

Anyhow, whatever you choose, enjoy! x

Last edited:
Hehe I can't wait:) thank you ladies! I will let you know what I have!:p xxx

my MW said u can have steak medium with some blood in as long as the outside is cooked? all sounds yummy have fun xx

If you go for beef and lamb just asked that they are cooked through with no pink. I've done this a couple of times when I've been out and it's never been an issues. Enjoy :) x

thank you ladies!:)xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back