Help please

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
This may be a strange request. I live in London and I have an appt near a tube station for an hour. I need someone to basically meet me there and push my baby round the shops for an hour as I can't take Him into the appt. the babysitting service I've contacted say they will only go to a home or a Hotel. Am I running down the wrong street with this one and won't find any companies that will do this?

I don't know if a service will do this but I also don't know if you should leave your baby with a stranger from a forum hun. None of us really know each other, we could all be axe murderers.
Is there no family who could help? xc

No!!!! I wasn't suggesting someone from here!!! I was wondering if there would be a professional service that would actually do this!!! I don't know whether I should even bother ringing around them - the pro babysitting services. I've just retread what I wrote and it was quite ambiguous! Oops! I def wouldn't leave my baby with a stranger - id have to go through a pro service

Oh hahaha ok :)
I don't know if you'll find someone to do that, a crèche is a good idea though xx

Can't a family member help? I wouldn't feel comfortable with a stranger walking around with my LO tbh.. But then I wouldn't trust a babysitting service in my home either.. Just my personal choices..
If its an important appointment surely a family member will help you out? Or do they have a crèche nearby? Can you not take LO with you?? (obviously you don't want to as ur asking for a sitter-but is it forbidden to take children where your going? Trying not to ask too personal questions about ur app!)

Are crèches different to Nurseries? Will they allow like an hour-90 mins drop off?

I've always been under the impression crèches are like drop offs lol they have one in our shopping centre, maybe pay by the hour?

Yeah I can't take the baby. Family don't live nearby, and I'd have to probably go more than once. Yes, I would rather drop him somewhere like a leave and play with other babies and various staff members. But I'm
Not sure those places exist?

Sorry to hear ur family aren't nearby it's hard work with minimal support :hug:
I think that's what a crèche is like?? I haven't had any personal experiences with them maybe one of the ladies here can tell you what a crèche is like! I hope you find somewhere for your LO babe xx

Thanks - what you have in your shopping centre sounds like
Exactly what I need. A quick google Search suggests there aren't any nearby. :( thanks anyway, I'll have to
Keep Looking.

Where are you going? Ikea in wembley and westfield in shepherds bush MIGHT have a drop in (I know they have creches)

I would ask around at gyms. We've got a gym near us, an LA fitness, that has a drop in crèche that you dont need to be a member to use. It can be anything from an hour or a day. I only live in a small place and we have this so I imagine London would! Not sure how I even managed to find it tbh.

the westfield at shepherds bush doesn't have one, would you believe! I need to go up near Goodge Street/ Tottenham court road.

Augustmum, I thought about gyms, as I'm a memeber of virgin active and they have a creche there, but you have to stay onsite to use it. I'll have a look at LA Fitness, thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back