Help!! Please tell me if I'm being an idiot!

QueenP

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Please tell me if I'm being stupid...
I'm 16+2 and am having some anxiety about working evenings in work (I do one or two a week, until 11pm) because I'm tired by the evening and not as productive so I feel like I'm making more work for my colleagues. Also, I feel really vulnerable when I'm walking home from work that late. I don't drive so have to walk about 10 minutes. It's never bothered me before but now I mostly worry about falling and not being found and dodgy people.
I spoke to my midwife about it and she's told me to speak to my manager. I've drafted a message to him but (I know this sounds crazy...) I feel like if I make a fuss about it that I'm doing something bad and will somehow invite some sort of bad karma that will affect me/my pregnancy. I'm really struggling with this feeling and I'm worried people will think that I'm ungratefully 'milking' being pregnant.
So sorry for the rambling! Has anyone else felt anything similar?! Xx

This sounds like pregnancy anxiety to me. I think it’s totally warranted I always feel like I need to look more carefully when crossing the road etc when pregnant. It’s your instinct to protect kicking in and pregnancy anxiety is a real thing. Don’t feel bad at all you have to do whatever you can to make yourself feel safe and secure

This sounds like pregnancy anxiety to me. I think it’s totally warranted I always feel like I need to look more carefully when crossing the road etc when pregnant. It’s your instinct to protect kicking in and pregnancy anxiety is a real thing. Don’t feel bad at all you have to do whatever you can to make yourself feel safe and secure

Thank you so much for replying. On one hand, I feel like I'm being so silly but on the other, I just can't help it! I just hope work understand that I'm not trying to be awkward. X

I don't think you are being silly at all. The tiredness alone at night would push me to ask to
come off nights.

I don't think you are being silly at all. The tiredness alone at night would push me to ask to
come off nights.

Thank you, it is reassuring to know it's not just me! I feel like I'm being a bit wimpy but you're right. Little one and our security come first! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back