Help please........... im quite anxious

paiges_mummy

Reaction score
Please could someone tell me where it says about the head being engaged on the anti natal notes???
I understand not all the notes will look the same, so if someone could guide me to the right direction id be more than happy

on my notes, its under a heading "PP to Brim"

my midwife has wrote "free" under each weeks, because that's when my pelvis was free from her head.

last week though, she wrote 2/5 under the "PP to Brim" heading, and yesterday she wrote 4/5

In my notes there's a column in the pages where the GP writes stuff when I have mycheck-ups that says 'relation to the brim in fifths palpable' this basically means, amount of the baby's presenting part (usually head) that can be felt above the bony part of your pelvis. It is measure in fifths but I'm not totally sure which way round it is. I think if it is 0/5 baby is usually fully engaged and 5/5 means that baby is not really engaged. Some people do it the other way round though and count 5/5 as fully engaged.

My baby has been head-down for about 6 weeks but has only started engaging in the last 2 weeks. When I asked my GP she said that baby wasn't fully engaged but was getting there and on my last notes it says 1/5. However, I'm confused as to if this means she's very nearly engaged or only just starting. It's confusing.......

ahhhhhhhhh just had a look, mine says relation to brim... then underneath it looks like it says lee, might be free :think: :think:

paiges_mummy said:
ahhhhhhhhh just had a look, mine says relation to brim... then underneath it looks like it says lee, might be free :think: :think:

yeah she probably wrote free

Kimbo said:
paiges_mummy said:

yeah she probably wrote free

so that means her heads not engaged yet?? they told me she was head down over 4 weeks ago :doh:

Babies can be head-down without being engaged. Mine has been head-down for 6 weeks but is only starting to engage now. Some babies never fully engage until labour starts.

As far as I know second babies dont usually engage until labour starts but that doesnt mean they will turn around it just means there head isnt right down into your pelvis

Mine says FREE and baby was head down last week which means head down but not engaged :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back