Help on expressing/storing milk

Kimi89

Reaction score
I have an electric pump that I am keen to get in the habit of using to my baby cannhave a bottle of we're out or my OH has him while I go out. I can't express enough in one go to provide a single full feed so my questions are can you mix different batches of milk? If I express today can I add tomorrow's express to it? How do I go about this? Is it better to put it all in the same bottle for a few days then freeze?

I do just put it in fridge then add. Try expressing a time you would feed. Also look at your baby when doing it or look at pics it helps release the hormones. Anorher good way is feed on one side and express on the other. You make more milk in the eve so do it rhen maybe if you can.
Also you cam leave milk out for 6hra so if you can exoress twice in that time ir can go on together.

Increasing milk is a must and there are several answers to that. Plus storage of the milk is just as important.

I just used to wear those bra shells, they collected any leakage and when feeding from one side the other leaks too..
I always made a habit of expressing one side first thing in the morning and then feeding baby on the other and it increased my supply loads! But I suppose everyone's bodies work slightly differently

Remember it's supply and demand so the more you use the more you make! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back