Help Nits!

Eryinera

Reaction score
Help!!!
My son recently got nits and we treated them and he's clear as is my husband and ive had my hair tied back and I've been really careful but ice just pulled a live nit out my hair!

How can I treat these when pregnant? The solution I have said ask your doctor or pharmacist if pregnant.. but that's duper embarrassing!! Any ideas?

Goah I'm so itchy now!

Vinegar.. put it on dry hair but leave it on for about 15/20 mins then run the nit comb thru your hair then wash hair as normal. If you can't stand the smell of vinegar lots of conditioner on your hair then comb thru in sections xx

Ty I'm willing to try anything at the moment! !!

The vinegar definitely works it stinks but something in the vinegar kills the lice xx

I think this is the first time in my life I've had them! I don't think I had them when I was a kid I escaped lol mainly coz most playtime's all the other kids played on the grass and my hayfever was too severe for me to even go near it lol.

Lots of conditioner, lots, and spend as long as you can stand combing through section by section. It's laborious but does the trick, repeat every couple of days just in case some eggs were missed. But should be gone within a few days x

Thank you I've just done my first lot of sitting there with conitioner on my head for 30 min. I'm just going to dry it now. Gosh I hope I can persuade hubby to let me get the new hairdryer I want lol. It would be so much faster then I'll brush it. If I don't fall asleep before then lol

I've had nits several times from working with children-it's not fun. I've always just done it wet, and got them Out fine x

You are making me itch! Hope you get rid soon!

Thanks hun im having a bad day today first nits now my phone broke whats the 3rd thing lol

I've just pulled a live one out of Cam's hair! Luckily his hair is so fine you can see them really easily when he gets them so I can treat them really quickly!

The joys of having kids at school eh?!

XX

Oh they're horrendous aren't they, i nearly died the first time my son got them at nursery! The nitty gritty comb off amazon is really good for conditioner combing xxx

I've just pulled a live one out of Cam's hair! Luckily his hair is so fine you can see them really easily when he gets them so I can treat them really quickly!

The joys of having kids at school eh?!

XX

I know right the joys!!!

Oh they're horrendous aren't they, i nearly died the first time my son got them at nursery! The nitty gritty comb off amazon is really good for conditioner combing xxx

Thank you ill look into that too

I agree the nitty gritty comb is a blessing

Nitty gritty is brill you don't need to use the chemical treatment with those either.

With my son they were gone within a week with that comb. After the initial combing and getting loads of eggs and few live ones out about 2/3 days later I combed a few tiny babies which must have just hatched. I've never found anything since.
I now check his hair weekly with the comb as he's at pre school. I check mine too with it and often think I have them but I've never found any.

Xxx

The nitty gritzy looks very similar to a comb I already have its got fine metal teeth is there something special about this comb or will mine do?

Attachments

• 2016-11-12 22.53.11.jpg
    2016-11-12 22.53.11.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 4
Yeah that's fine as long as it metal teeth and has no gaps in it anywhere xx

Tea tree oil and Coke are both meant to work. Xx

Thank you funny you should mention tea tree I just brought some tea tree shampoo completely randomly the smell usually knocks me sick but I really fancied the smell this time lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back